Don't worry....he will never see the field for the first couple of seasons

Hooligan119th

Reaction score
I understand why a player would want to go to USC, but I think he forgot to look at USC's depth chart.

Do the names Matt Kalil and Tyron Smith bring back some memories?

Both were two of the top linemen in the 2008 class (for those that care - Rivals 5 stars) and both are projected to start at the OT positions next season....and probably for the next two or three.

Sorry buddy...you're not gonna beat them out, not when they have two years on you in USC's program.

I don't say this cause I wanted you to attend MN....BUUUUUUTTTTT

...You made a poor choice Seantrel

He made a great choice. Why? Because it's his frickin' choice.

How do you become the best player you can be? Competing for playing time against the best olinemen in the country and going up against the best dlinemen in the country.

I disagree.. competition against the best makes you better. They came in as 5 stars and top recruits but had to compete for their job, just like everyone else.

How do you become the best player you can be? Competing for playing time against the best olinemen in the country and going up against the best dlinemen in the country.

Except they're not the best dlinemen in the country. Not even close.

no...he did not make a great choice. Not you and your 1800 and some odd "I have no life expert wanna be posts" are going to convince me otherwise.

and with your comment you must really think that Russell Okung, Anthony Davis, Bruce Campbell, Bryan Bulaga, Mike Iupate.....dang I'm gettin winded naming all of these worthless players who didn't practice against USC d-linemen. ....I'll just stop the list there

ANYWAY, you must really think those guys suck cause they went to OKst, Rutgers, Maryland, Iowa, and holy crap IDAHO of all god forsaken places.

I thought those guys became pretty good by going against sub-USC caliber D-linemen....but what do me and my measly 100 posts know?

....Just so you know......those are all projected first round draft picks. I wasn't sure you were going to pick up on that one.

Anyone who chooses not to play for my arbitrarily favored college football team is a fool of the 33rd degree.

no...he did not make a great choice. Not you and your 1800 and some odd "I have no life expert wanna be posts" are going to convince me otherwise.

and with your comment you must really think that Russell Okung, Anthony Davis, Bruce Campbell, Bryan Bulaga, Mike Iupate.....dang I'm gettin winded naming all of these worthless players who didn't practice against USC d-linemen. ....I'll just stop the list there

ANYWAY, you must really think those guys suck cause they went to OKst, Rutgers, Maryland, Iowa, and holy crap IDAHO of all god forsaken places.

I thought those guys became pretty good by going against sub-USC caliber D-linemen....but what do me and my measly 100 posts know?

....Just so you know......those are all projected first round draft picks. I wasn't sure you were going to pick up on that one.

Maybe he wanted to go to school and play football in Los Angeles? Maybe he liked the guys he met on his visit? Maybe he wanted to experience life outside of Minnesota? Maybe he wanted to play in front of 86,000 people? Maybe he wanted to play for a school with 11 national titles and over 30 conference titles? Maybe he doesn't like the cold? Maybe he met a professor that inspired him?

Come to think of it, he really should've consulted you.

Maybe he wanted to go to school and play football in Los Angeles? Maybe he liked the guys he met on his visit? Maybe he wanted to experience life outside of Minnesota? Maybe he wanted to play in front of 86,000 people? Maybe he wanted to play for a school with 11 national titles and over 30 conference titles? Maybe he doesn't like the cold? Maybe he met a professor that inspired him?

Come to think of it, he really should've consulted you.

Yes he should have....thanks!!! :)

Damn...He must have really gotten to know Kiffen over one vi$it!!!

Agree with the OP. Like I posted in another thread, SH will be a non-factor for the Trojans/Gophers games over the next couple of years. He will not jump the talent on that depth chart.

I dont know about that, Henderson is the concensus #1 player in the country, hes not gonna sit on the bench for 2 years. I think there will be some shifting around on the O-Line and he will be playing next year. You guys act like hes not as good as those other players, I think you forget how big and agile he is, he has insane talent.

I dont know about that, Henderson is the concensus #1 player in the country, hes not gonna sit on the bench for 2 years. I think there will be some shifting around on the O-Line and he will be playing next year. You guys act like hes not as good as those other players, I think you forget how big and agile he is, he has insane talent.

I think that you forget that the talent that is already in place has 2 years of college experience on him.

Who cares? He's gone. I don't wish him any ill will, but he's honestly not worth thinking about any more.

Let's re-fill the canisters of hope that are required to support our team and spend the next seven months figuring out how we're going to become relevant again. That's really what's needed to keep the next 5-star recruit home.

He will when it's trying to jump past the #11 and #15 rated players OVERALL who have 2 years practicing against "the best :rolleyes:" D-linemen in the country.

All the Time and Money Spent Recruiting Seantrel?

Add up all the time in: personnel salaries and hours spent chasing after him, travel, promotional activies (his own brand at the U?), personalized jerseys, carboard cutout of him in Gopher uniform, lights on in the middle of winter at TCF Stadium etc.

And what does Gopher Football have to show for it?

Absolutely nothing!

I'm convinced, Brewster & Co. gave his recruiting effort all that they had in themselves and they still couldn't convince him.

With all the money spent recruiting one player....isn't it ironic that the Gophers had to travel by bus to get to the Iowa game last fall?

Priorities?

Does any of this make any sense?

Watching a recruiting show (Lemming's?) recently they stated that Seantrel might be the best o-line recruit in the last 30 years!!!!! I think he has a fighters chance to start next year!!!

Truthfully, I don't know he is any better than the other guys. The other guys have more time and experience at USC. Matt Kalil was the #3 OT prospect in the nation as rated by rivals, and Tyrone Smith was the #6 OT prospect in the nation in the same class. Kevin Graf was the #10 OT prospect in the nation last year and is slated to be a backup next season.

So just who do you think USC will "shift around" on the O-line to get SH some playing time as a true freshman? Senior tackle Butch Lewis? Nope. Junior tackle Tyron Smith who started as a sophomore and is backed up by Matt Kalil? Try again. Senior center Kristopher O'Dowd who was the #3 ranked OG in the nation in 2007? I don't think SH is a center and wouldn't beat out O'Dowd if he was, so...nope. Senior OG Zack Heberer who was the #10 ranked OG in the nation in his class? Don't think so. Junior Martin Coleman who was the #7 ranked OG in the nation in 2007? Guess again.

Face the facts. Almost every single body on USC's depth chart was ranked in the top ten in the nation, which is not in a different class than SH. In fact, they were probably better football players coming out of high school because most of them played high school ball against better competition in California.

Yeah, he is big. Yeah, he is agile. And so is every other lineman at USC. And what kind of competition has SH played to date? And who exactly is going to give up their starting spot on that line to a true freshman? I'm dying to hear your answer. It should be highly entertaining for me.

I will say it again, his father drove the bus on this one; all the way to LA, LA land.

But, it's water under the bridge, the U by 7 over USC in 7 months.

Watching a recruiting show (Lemming's?) recently they stated that Seantrel might be the best o-line recruit in the last 30 years!!!!! I think he has a fighters chance to start next year!!!

Lemming is an absolute moron. He also said that Jimmy Clausen was going to be the "Lebron James of college football" and that he'd win at least one National Title while at Notre Dame. Tom's middle name should be "hyperbole." He doesn't deal in reality. He hypes up hype for the sake of hyping. He's the white Flavor Flave of college football with less style and a bad case of Notre Dame homerism.

I just want any of the posters who say he'll be starting for USC next year to tell me which position. Tell me who he will beat out and why. Other than "he's the #1 recruit in the nation this year" which is a statement in itself that could be debated.

I just want any of the posters who say he'll be starting for USC next year to tell me which position. Tell me who he will beat out and why. Other than "he's the #1 recruit in the nation this year" which is a statement in itself that could be debated.

Nobody is saying he is going to come in and start at LT and dominate, i'm just saying to the people that think hes gonna redshirt or sit at #3 on the depth chart are wrong. You are forgetting that Seantrel is Lane's recruit, all of those other players haven't proved a single thing to Kiffin, so hes gonna be given just as equal of a chance to start as those other players, maybe he even has an advantage because he is Kiffin's recruit. Will he start? Probably not, but I guarantee he sees playing time, hes already got the body of an NFL LT, how many kids out of high school can say that? And to answer your question, I don't know who he will beat out, or if even will beat anybody out, but to say just because those other guys have experience they will automatically start is an ignorant statement. There are plenty of freshman that come into D-1 football and beat out seniors/upperclassmen, its not ALWAYS about experience, but of course it helps

idk, maybe he comes back to the u in the future. he'd be welcomed home.

Not for us Gopher fans, but an objective observer could be impressed with the fact that Seantrel chose to go to a place where he won't ever have a guranteed starting spot.

I don't think it hurts the kid's development to redshirt next season. He will be practicing against the best in the country, competing against the best in the country for playing time, and will have a legitimate chance of starting at LT for USC when he is a Sophomore. To say the kid merely got lured by money or his dad to USC just comes off as sour grapes. Their are tons of legitimate reasons why a kid would choose USC over Minnesota.

Not for us Gopher fans, but an objective observer could be impressed with the fact that Seantrel chose to go to a place where he won't ever have a guranteed starting spot.

I don't think it hurts the kid's development to redshirt next season. He will be practicing against the best in the country, competing against the best in the country for playing time, and will have a legitimate chance of starting at LT for USC when he is a Sophomore. To say the kid merely got lured by money or his dad to USC just comes off as sour grapes. Their are tons of legitimate reasons why a kid would choose USC over Minnesota.

Yep. Sucks, but true.

The key will be for the U to get better so, at some point, we can offer those things too.

Nobody is saying he is going to come in and start at LT and dominate, i'm just saying to the people that think hes gonna redshirt or sit at #3 on the depth chart are wrong.

Nice backpedal there. You said he'd be playing next year. Now it's "he won't redshirt or sit at #3 on the depth chart." And yeah, chances are... he will. I guess we'll have to wait and see next season, but don't be surprised if it's you that is wrong. Especially since you obviously don't know jack about USC's talent on the O-line.

You are forgetting that Seantrel is Lane's recruit, all of those other players haven't proved a single thing to Kiffin, so hes gonna be given just as equal of a chance to start as those other players, maybe he even has an advantage because he is Kiffin's recruit. Will he start? Probably not, but I guarantee he sees playing time, hes already got the body of an NFL LT, how many kids out of high school can say that?

Ummm, as I've already stated. Most of the lineman that have gone to USC can say that. Again, I don't think you are too familiar with their current talent along the O-line. All of those other players have proved a thing or two to the former USC head coach, but I guess you are saying his opinion is worthless and inferior to Kiffin's? Haha.

And guess who recruited Butch Lewis to USC in the first place? You know... the guy that is sure to be starting as a tackle? .......

I would give you three guesses, but I'll just cut to the chase... Lane Kiffin. That's right. Lane Kiffin. So using your logic, there's no way in hell a Senior tackle at USC who was recruited by Lane Kiffin in 2006 is going to lose his spot to SH.

And Martin Coleman, who is likely to start at one of the OG spots next year... who do you think recruited him? Shall I let you guess? Nevermind, it was Lane Kiffin. Yes, the same Lane Kiffin that is now the head coach at USC. You are familiar with Lane, no?

And O'Dowd? The one who will start at center for USC? Again.... Lane Kiffin.

And junior backup tackle Rearden? Do you know who recruited him to USC? You guessed it! LANE KIFFIN!

So yeah, all of these linemen listed are in fact LANE KIFFIN's recruits in a way. You know, since he was personally assigned to their recruitment? And the recruits he didn't recruit personally in 2008 because he was busy getting ready to fail as the Oakland Raiders HC? Kalil and Smith? They are already higher on the depth chart than the guys Kiffin recruited and are younger. So...

And to answer your question, I don't know who he will beat out, or if even will beat anybody out, but to say just because those other guys have experience they will automatically start is an ignorant statement.

Says the guy who doesn't even know who plays O-line for USC. The poster most ignorant of what SH is going up against is calling someone else ignorant? The person who is calling SH "Kiffin's recruit" when they are ignorant of the FACT that about half of the rest of the line was recruited by the SAME Lane Kiffin?! Boy, that's rich!

There are plenty of freshman that come into D-1 football and beat out seniors/upperclassmen, its not ALWAYS about experience, but of course it helps

Well it's pretty clear you don't know what you are talking about. You just see him as the #1 lineman this year and assume he's going to play next year? Give me a break. Get real. I'll be here next Fall, so if SH does get some playing time... it'll be garbage time at most. When they are up 40+ points against inferior opponents. And if that happens, and you want me to eat crow, I'll gladly do so. But wow, your original statement about him being good enough to play next year and thinking USC will shift around players that were just as good coming out of high school to make room for a true freshman that's only got experience with Minnesota high school football.... is just completely unreal. Not to mention the fact that you are the one that hasn't done their homework when assessing USC's O-line, and then are the one to call me "ignorant"? Get real. No. Wait. First, get a clue. Then get real. And then you can come back and we can talk. And please... forgive me if I don't buy in to your "guarantee" that he will play next year, and think otherwise.

love it

got to love when holers get called out. lets see if the vermen herd rally to protect one of its own. or if they scurry back to the safety of troll lobbing. brewster sucks and so does his program way to close down the borders buddy. 3 in state?

Why we are even still talking about this kid is beyond me. He chose to go somewhere else, and that is all the reason I need to wish him good health...and then forget him. I do not wish ill will, but I don't wish him luck. I simply don't wish him anything, and I do not really care what happens with this young man from here on out. Why should any of us? He has absolutely nothing to do with our Golden Gophers.

the bottom line is

he has along way to go to even get qualified academically plus he did not sign the dotted line. Its far from over.

got to love when holers get called out. lets see if the vermen herd rally to protect one of its own. or if they scurry back to the safety of troll lobbing. brewster sucks and so does his program way to close down the borders buddy. 3 in state?

Fuzz on the kiwi? Is that what you pixies call them now?

Top Bottom