Dont get ESPN U!!

gopher56

Reaction score
So where is a good place to watch the Gopher game up in Minneapolis, I just moved to uptown and don't know the area at all =/

err, i should have made the title "I don't have ESPN U"

Go to TCF Bank Stadium! The game will be played on the big screen. Bring a blanket, and you can sit on the field if you want. My plan is to go there with my three year old, but if it is wet, I don't think I will be able to make it.

William's Peanut Bar will almost certainly have the game on, plus about one hundred beers on tap. It's right at the corner of Hennepin and Lagoon, right in the heart of Uptown.

If you don't mind going across town, I'm sure Stub & Herbs and Sally's will both be packed. Both are right by TCF in Stadium Village.

Though if you aren't into being packed like a maroon & gold sardine into those places: For my money, Mac's Industrial is the best sports bar in town, and right up 4th Street from campus.

While Uptown is definitely not a "sports bar" part of town, you can probably find something that works. I've been in your situation plenty of times. Now, I don't know that I've ever needed to watch something on ESPN U - so I recommend calling these places to see if they have it.

Liquor Lyles - The best place to watch a sporting event. Wild (and relatively rough) crowd and the cheapest drinks in town (f*ck, they're practically free). Lots of room and lots if TV's. They might now have ESPNU, but i'd check. Oh, don't eat here. Seriously, don't.

Lyndale Tap - New Bar. Adequate number of TV's, this is my new Gopher BBall bar. Aside from the Bulldog (not a sports bar at all), this has my favorite menu. Get the Pit Beef sandwich. Tall cans of Pabst for $2 too. Call em.

Old Chicago - In case the other 2 don't have it. Sh*t's overpriced and not that good. Mugs for beer are too small. They'll have the game, but the tab you'll endure might not be worth it.

If you need other info on Uptown bars, I could write a damn book for you.

Couple other options in Uptown .. Herkimer Pub & Brewery on Lyndale & Bar Abilene on Lagoon. Call to see if they get ESPN-U....

I had to call charter and order it.

I made the call a couple of weeks ago(also last year for 3 Gopher bb games.) Not in HD in my Charter locale, not sure of yours.

No HD, but I am a poor college student who will be watching it on a big 55" old school toshiba tv. Woodgrain cabinet may I add?

Gotta love DirecTV... anytime I see people scramble for this channel or that channel, ask what bar something can be seen, ask if something is in HD, etc., I'm reminded how happy I have been with DTV through the years. ESPNU is in HD this year too.

No HD, but I am a poor college student who will be watching it on a big 55" old school toshiba tv. Woodgrain cabinet may I add?

If your crt toshiba is in good shape you will probably get a better picture than I will with a HD set.

what channel on DirectTV is it? I saw it last night and now can't find it!!!! I'm new to this house and can't find it on the guide anywhere...freaking out.

Gotta love DirecTV... anytime I see people scramble for this channel or that channel, ask what bar something can be seen, ask if something is in HD, etc., I'm reminded how happy I have been with DTV through the years. ESPNU is in HD this year too.

Agreed! The best. In HD tonight too.

Loved it!

Top Bottom