Donnell Kirkwood

Phil Miller/Ricky Gervais - Separated at birth?

Can't say enough good things about Miller. He has done an outstanding job so far. This is exactly the type of coverage everyone has been clamoring for.

gridirongoldSMALL.jpg
images

Nice article. Seems like a pretty wise kid for a freshman.

One glaring inaccuracy in the article - his name is spelled "Kirkland".

Kirkwood looks to be the kind of back we've been missing for a few years. Quick, one-cut guy. Reminds me a bit of Barber the Younger.

Agree on Phil Miller as well. Consistent coverage that provides more news and less opinion is always welcome. I don't mind Souhan, Reusse, and others taking their potshots. That's what they are paid to do. But it's nice to have someone at the StarTrib doing the daily reports that simply provide information.

You are correct. My mistake.

I always got the "-wood" is pronounced "-land" question wrong in my HS English tests.

Gaelic origin, I guess. I could never figure out why madadh is pronounced MA-dew. (Dog, BTW).

I remember clapping in approval over him bowling over that safety, then immediately thinking "Man, he should have juked him or stiff armed him or something, he could have gotten some mad yardage". But hey, I won't be too hard on the kid, he's playing hard out there, he's producing, keep up the good work.

I remember clapping in approval over him bowling over that safety, then immediately thinking "Man, he should have juked him or stiff armed him or something, he could have gotten some mad yardage". But hey, I won't be too hard on the kid, he's playing hard out there, he's producing, keep up the good work.

I was waiting for him to make a move also. A nice juke and he may have gone to the house.

Same here.

As much as we complain about how things have gone. How nice is that picture in the article? How much better is it to be outside enjoing football.

I was waiting for him to make a move also. A nice juke and he may have gone to the house.

Do you really think Kirkwood would be able to "juke" out a USC safety and run by him? Not likely. We're talking Kirkwood here, not Maroney.

A stiff-arm would have been a better approach if he wanted to take it to the house. 99 times out of 100 if you try to run directly over a guy, you're inherently going to get tripped up over his body when he falls backwards.

Same here.

As much as we complain about how things have gone. How nice is that picture in the article? How much better is it to be outside enjoing football.

Why do they have a picture of Marquies Gray in an article about Kirkwood (kirk-lend)?

Love how someone is stealing my username to post in the Strib forums.

That's not me!

I check them out from time to time just for the comedy.

In the article, Kirkwood admitted in HS that he was able to run over players, but in college he's the smaller guy and he should've made a move instead. He also said that may help him out in future games, with the D expecting the big hit, only to have him fake and cut. Either way, glad to see the AP like hit by a RB. This guy is going to really make some noise!

Check this photo out I took during the Kirkwood play. That hole is mammoth, textbook walloff by the line. And the USC saftey isn't even in frame yet. I would have liked a Madden-esque spin or juke too, but at the time, I liked the message the hit sent to the defense.

SANY0032.jpg

Too bad they couldn't get about 10 more of those grader holes.

Question of the day: Why can't they make field turf that's not shiny?

Top Bottom