Done

gopher71runner

Reaction score
How can alumni support teams that continue to stink so bad? Tonight's game should have been won. The football team has sucked for a while and the Hockey team hasn't been setting any worthwhile performance standards. Why would I want to support U of M athletics? I love the U but this is horrible!

Because alumni are alumni regardless of how teams perform. Because it is the right thing to do.

How can alumni support teams that continue to stink so bad? Tonight's game should have been won. The football team has sucked for a while and the Hockey team hasn't been setting any worthwhile performance standards. Why would I want to support U of M athletics? I love the U but this is horrible!

Do you know what being a fan is? I don't care how bad they are if I had the money I would be supporting them financially in a second. I already support them by attending every FB and BB home game and Friday night home hockey games. I will be there Sunday cheering loud for our seniors and our team. This would be true if we were playing for a BT title or if we were 0-17.

Go Gophers!

My Purdue (alma mater) Boilers stunk worse in 2005 and 2006. I still rooted for and supported them.

Damnit, son! Why did you have to go and get suspended from school?!? I don't love you anymore! Leave my house! You are no longer my son!

Gopher 71 I feel your pain. We stick around knowing that after cheering during all the years of sucking, if and when they finally do make a run, it will mean more to us than someone who just chooses to follow Duke and be in it every year.

Besides the twins and hockey gophers Minnesota teams have seemed to always underperform.

Fans may come, and Fans may go,
And Fans may peter out you know.

But I'm a Fan through thick or thin,
Peter out or peter in.

gopher71...obviously you are a gone fan with peter out syndrome.

See ya.

Fans may come, and Fans may go,
And Fans may peter out you know.

But I'm a Fan through thick or thin,
Peter out or peter in.

gopher71...obviously you are a gone fan with peter out syndrome.

See ya.

I'm a Bengals fan (stunk for 20+ years). Reds fan (2011 playoffs first time since 1990's). Cincy Bearcat fan (1 FF since 1960's). Purdue (last FF was 1980).

Patience is a virtue.

Gopher 71 I feel your pain. We stick around knowing that after cheering during all the years of sucking, if and when they finally do make a run, it will mean more to us than someone who just chooses to follow Duke and be in it every year.

Besides the twins and hockey gophers Minnesota teams have seemed to always underperform.

Did you mean to say the Vikings? The Twins may have underperformed in the playoffs the past few years but overall I think they've done pretty well. Every year the "experts" keep picking the white sox or tigers to win the division, but the Twins are always right there.

It's times like this that we'll see who the true fans are. It's times like this when we see some jump off the bandwagon. That's fine, every team has them. I've always supported my teams through good and bad (usually bad) so why stop now?

Besides the twins and hockey gophers, the other Minnesota teams have always seemed to under perform.

I meant those two programs over the last couple decades have performed the others have been very dissappointing. We have 1 division 1 basketball and 1 division 1 football school in a state of 5 million and we can't get it done??

The problems start at the top with Mr. maturi and his ineptitude

Then don't.

Top Bottom