Donald's Coming To Town

As far as Trump carrying Minnesota - it's interesting because of the extreme urban/rural split in the State.

The major cities - Mpls, St. Paul, Rochester, Duluth - are heavily Democratic. the rural areas are strongly Republican.

Of course, there are more people living in the cities than in rural areas. According to the 2010 census, 73.3 percent of Minnesotans live in urban areas. (not sure how they define "urban areas. I think some smaller cities were included.)

So it takes a lot of voters in a low-density rural area to out-weigh the voters in a more densely-populated urban area.

if the Dems get good voter turnout, I think MN will stay Blue. But poor voter turnout by Dems could make it a very close race.

GopherJake

I suppose when you don't have a job or a life...protesting gives you purpose.
Wut? Or it’s a peaceful way to demonstrate with others in a constructive manner disagreement with authorities deemed so critically important it was written explicitly into the Constitution.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
My only gripe with these protests is that they feed right into Trump game plan. He wants roving bands of crazed liberals. If we all just ignored him, he'd have nothing to talk about. Most of his campaign is built on antagonizing liberals and us taking the bait.

Last edited:
My only gripe with these protests is that they feed right into Trump game plan. He wants roving bands of crazed liberals. If we all just ignored him, he'd have nothing to talk about. Most of his campaign is built on antagonizing liberals and them taking the bait.
Yep. 100% correct.

bga1

My only gripe with these protests is that they feed right into Trump game plan. He wants roving bands of crazed liberals. If we all just ignored him, he'd have nothing to talk about. Most of his campaign is built on antagonizing liberals and them taking the bait.
Substitute leftists for liberals and you are close. Most Dems are no longer liberal (loving free speech and tolerance). Today's Dems (the controlling faction) are intolerant and against free speech.

As I have said, Trump threw out the olive branch to the Dems right away when he got into office. Tea and crumpets with Schumer and Pelosi, kudos to the Obamas and he even told Hillary he was dropping pursuing her legal issues. Then they tried to go after him with the soft coup.

The left set the tone. This is a guy who wants nothing more that to make deals, be popular and have a booming economy with no wars. He pictures himself on Mount Rushmore for bringing in peace and prosperity and breaking up the government corruption. But if you fight him- he FIGHTS. We have had a great three years under Trump, but it could have been even much better with an ounce of cooperation from the Dems. They wanted no part of it. They set the tone for what we have now.

Last edited:

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Substitute leftists for liberals and you are close. Most Dems are no longer liberal (loving free speech and tolerance). Today's Dems (the controlling faction) are intolerant and against free speech.

As I have said, Trump threw out the olive branch to the Dems right away when he got into office. Tea and crumpets with Schumer and Pelosi, kudos to the Obamas and he even told Hillary he was dropping pursuing her legal issues. Then they tried to go after him with the soft coup.

The left set the tone. This is a guy who wants nothing more that to make deals, be popular and have a booming economy with no wars. He pictures himself on Mount Rushmore for bringing in peace and prosperity and breaking up the government corruption. But if you fight him- he FIGHTS. We have had a great three years under Trump, but it could have been even much better with an ounce of cooperation from the Dems. They wanted no part of it. They set the tone for what we have now.
Did you hear my groan from where you are? It was pretty loud. But I'm resisting taking the bait.

bga1

Did you hear my groan from where you are? It was pretty loud. But I'm resisting taking the bait.
I'm not battling or baiting you, I view you as liberal not leftist. The left is your enemy whether you know it or not. They went after Trump illegally when they had nothing and you know that. Now they are going after him politically and they still have nothing- and you understand that as well. If you disagree with the olive branches he thew out, well you would be wrong- because he did it. He has many times tried to deal with the Dems and their caucus wants nothing of it. They only want Trump gone. That's the battle they have chosen and I don't think it will go well for them in the end. So far all of their efforts to eliminate him have only resulted in an ugly stalemate with all actions occurring by executive order due to the lack of a functioning Congress. The attempted coup has done the country damage despite the excellent performance of Trump in keeping his promises (which of course is why they hate him).

howeda7

My only gripe with these protests is that they feed right into Trump game plan. He wants roving bands of crazed liberals. If we all just ignored him, he'd have nothing to talk about. Most of his campaign is built on antagonizing liberals and us taking the bait.
+1

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
So...Trump promised to crack down on Somali immigrants. Who are here legally. What exactly are we cracking down on? Their religion? Dark complexions? Language?

bga1

So...Trump promised to crack down on Somali immigrants. Who are here legally. What exactly are we cracking down on? Their religion? Dark complexions? Language?
Mooching.

Somalis have the toughest time assimilating of any group that comes to the US. The problem is- they attempt to bring their culture here. Sorry to say it but their culture stinks. They are serial polygamists, they abuse our social services by hiding the polygamy and breeding to collect welfare, they treat the women horribly and their kids run wild because the boys are not allowed to be disciplined. Is this a general statement that doesn't hold for every Somali family. Yes. Is it generally true? Yes.

Does this mean we should run them out of the country? Nope, we can't do that. But we need to limit this type of immigration because our cities and systems cannot handle it. Let's just be honest, they are not successful here for the most part.

Sorry to break in with common sense, I know this is frowned upon here. If you don't like what I am saying, read the statistics in the attached article. Scroll to the bottom , the chart is staggering.

https://www.americanexperiment.org/2017/03/refugee-data-thats-not-minnesota-nice/

In case you refuse to read the link here is one tidbit:

Mexican born Minnesota immigrants: Employment percentage for men:89% Women 57% Overall 75%
Somali born immigrants in Minn. Employment percentage for men: 41% Women 54% Overall 49%

Somali men have their women (often multiple wives) bear children to collect welfare, then when they are school age the women go to work- to support the men in many cases.

Last edited:

Latest profile posts