Do you think we can win against purdue?

Do you think we can beat Purdue?

• Yes

Votes: 50 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 36 41.9%

• Total voters

Yes. They are one of two teams in the big ten that we have comparable talent to (Indiana is the other).

We definitely have a chance to win. We should at least.

This will be the best chance for a conference win. Let's see if the seniors play for pride or mail it in.

If the players decide to play up to their ability, execute the schemes and play smart football.

Will they is another topic.

I think they can, but I dont think they will.

Purdue got spanked last night, but looked better than MN. I would bet the spread will be 10 or so...

How is anyone voting "yes"?????? Have you not seen how we play? This site never ceases to shock and amaze me with its head-in-the-sand homerism.

I voted yes. We definitely CAN win.

Will we win?
I think we are as likely to lose by 30 as win. But there is definitely a chance we win.

If they play like they did yesterday, defeated before the first snap, no heart, and no pride they will get spanked again.

Not having talent is one thing, not playing hard or with pride is another. That was the most embarrassing part of yesterday. I can understand losing when the other team is bigger, stronger and faster, BUT YOU CAN STILL PLAY HARD.

How is anyone voting "yes"?????? Have you not seen how we play? This site never ceases to shock and amaze me with its head-in-the-sand homerism.

Yes i have seen how we played, did you not see how bad Purdue is. got really spank by Notre Dame last night. Purdue is the same or if not worst then us. We have a good chance of winning this game.

Yes i have seen how we played, did you not see how bad Purdue is. got really spank by Notre Dame last night. Purdue is the same or if not worst then us. We have a good chance of winning this game.[/QUOTE]

? I didn't see any of the Purdue game, but after watching us, it's hard to believe. I think it's all mental with this team, as we saw what they could do against USC. I don't know where that team has gone...

Yes. They are one of two teams in the big ten that we have comparable talent to (Indiana is the other).

We definitely have a chance to win. We should at least.
Talent? lol

Most people on this board think that we din't have any talent at all.

If Purdue shoots itself in the foot repeatedly giving us 4 or more turnovers, then we'd have a chance. If Purdue simply plays turnover free ball at home, we have no chance. I'd bet we lose by 20 + to the 3rd worst team in the Big Ten. Indiana is 2nd worst with us a distant last...

I think they can, but I dont think they will.

Purdue got spanked last night, but looked better than MN. I would bet the spread will be 10 or so...

Agree that "can" and "will" are two entirely different propositions. Can? Yes. Will? Stranger things have happened, but that doesn't mean they aren't strange.

No chance we win. We were out manned in every aspect against every team we've played, and if we we're at least fundamental, i'd say maybe, but we're not......... so, we'll make Purdon't look like Oklahoma.

Sure we've got a shot, but I'm thinking there's a 70-80% chance of ongoing pain in Minnesota.

Yes, we can win. But unless this team starts playing like a team - they won't win.

I hate to be negative :) but what did we have? 6 special teams penalties or close to it. We either have very ignorant special teams players or very poor special teams coaches. Either way it adds up to a loss. We had eight or nine chances to get it right and just couldn't.

Last year we lost 28-17 with weber going 20-45 with two ints.
Tinsley also dropped a TD on his way in.

If we can get below average QB play and an effort from the team, it should be a close game.

And that was one of the most distraction filled weeks in recent memory on top of that.

Can we? Yes. Will we? No. If Gray can play good, and the O&D-Lines can play mediocre, than we have a chance.

They have a crap football team, we have a crap football team. This game will be a large pile of crap played by crappy players but somebody has to win. Why not our crap team?

Do almost half the people here really think there is a 0% chance of us winning this Saturday? The question was "can" not "will". If we play like we did against USC, we will win. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it could.

Do almost half the people here really think there is a 0% chance of us winning this Saturday? The question was "can" not "will". If we play like we did against USC, we will win. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it could.
Could, but won't. When a team quits on the coach they don't come back. We've quit. Our crappy freshmen will lose against their crappy upper classmen.

I don't see it. I just don't. I have never been so down on a Gopher football team before. 42-10 Purdue. I predicted Michigan winning 52-10, so I'm not about to think we can turn it around after getting spanked by even more than I thought.

We couldnt beat NMST, we couldnt beat NDST, we couldn't score against Michigan. I am not sure the concern should be can the Gophers beat Purdue it should be can the Gophers make the game interesting at all. Its a sad state this team is in but I am not sure they can play close to any Big Ten teams let alone win the game.

Top Bottom