Do we...

gophmeister

Reaction score
...signed some folks to fill out the class or do we stand pat at 24? Every year someone doesn't qualify academically, so is it wise to hedge our bets and sign more guys to add some cushion?

I thought we could sign up to 31 one players... but we wont sign that many. Is James Manuel set to qualify?

How is it that we could have signed 31 players when the NCAA limit is 25? I realize there are ways to manipulate the system, but unless we plan on gray shirting 6 guys, I don't quite see how it would have been possible.

The way I've understood it, you can only exceed 25 players if your class was less than 25 the year before, and then only by as many as less than 25. We had more than 19 scholarships last year, no?

The numbers people were throwing around never made any sense to me, but maybe thre's something I'm not seeing.

How is it that we could have signed 31 players when the NCAA limit is 25? I realize there are ways to manipulate the system, but unless we plan on gray shirting 6 guys, I don't quite see how it would have been possible.

The way I've understood it, you can only exceed 25 players if your class was less than 25 the year before, and then only by as many as less than 25. We had more than 19 scholarships last year, no?

The numbers people were throwing around never made any sense to me, but maybe thre's something I'm not seeing.

My understanding is that we can over sign to make up for attrition. So if player in spot 25 doesn't qualify the spot 26 can report in the fall. The rest can gray shirt. I heard we may sign 28.

I believe you can only oversign for attrition if you can document where that would come from. You can't just assume that x number of players won't qualify based on past experiences.

that system is all messed up and I don't understand it but i expect a big class next year

Are we still down 3 scholarships for academics like last year?

that system is all messed up and I don't understand it but i expect a big class next year
Don't. We'll have less available scholarships next year unless there is some serious attrition.

If 25 is the limit, and we're at 24 with SH to announce, then either a) he's coming here, or b) he hasn't said he's not, in which case 1 player is on standby still.

I would have to think we are done for the season.

I would have to think we are done for the season.

Around 5 o'clock we may be done...still one more out there we are hoping to lure in! :)

Brewster's press conference is at 3pm I heard... anyone know where it can be viewed?

Top Bottom