Do not purchase Sporting News Football Preview mag

Neutral

Banned
Reaction score
Wisconsin is ranked 3rd in the Leaders Division mainly because its new QB from NC State isn't even mentioned or on the roster AND, even worse, Ohio State is picked No. 1 in the same division and has a large picture of Terrelle Pryor above the main preview. In the article, it mentions Pryor and coach Tressel's return and how it will impact the team. Talk about publishing too early. Who knows what other out-of-date material SN has in its publication.

I found the Big Ten preview magazine from Sports Illustrated to be the most up-to-date and in depth. It actually has the Wisconsin updated roster and was released after Pryor and Tressel left.

I'd guess most of the magazines are that way. I know Athlon is. If you need up to date info, you gotta go online. All these mags are good for is killing some time while you're on the hopper.

I'd guess most of the magazines are that way. I know Athlon is. If you need up to date info, you gotta go online. All these mags are good for is killing some time while you're on the hopper.

That's why the iPad has become so popular. You can get up to date information while on the hopper.

I recommend that you email the editor. You'll find his contact information in the masthead.

That's why the iPad has become so popular. You can get up to date information while on the hopper.

I know but I guess I'm old school a little. There's nothing like having that hard copy in your hands.

Most of these preview magazines have very, very early deadlines. I'm guessing all the copy was in in May, shortly after spring ball.

It allows them to make a pretty magazine. But it's not that great for news that happens over the summer.

I usually get the Athlon Mag to get my fix, but any mag that drops the sconnie fantasy to third can't be all bad.

Did anyone see the Jerry Kill article in the Athlon Sports Big Ten publication? In the article on Jerry Kill he has his play call sheet displayed. G Leopard 12

Top Bottom