DJ Jefferson de-committs from Tulsa

One type of decommitment I don’t have a problem with.. Sounds like he may be a two guard.

Has a pretty nice offer list but have to wonder at what point those offers came with a Tulsa commitment. Commitment timeline also plays into it. I'd be lying if I said I knew anything about him but I will be honest in that I am a bit intrigued..will have to do some digging for some whole game film.

EDIT: Not seeing much complete game film but he looks like a plus athlete for sure, very athletic

Last edited:

Don’t think he’ll be a priority. PG and Big out if the portal first… after that I’m sure he’s looking for shooters.

Don’t think he’ll be a priority. PG and Big out if the portal first… after that I’m sure he’s looking for shooters.
They have at least 4 schollies. I'd love to see another frosh- whether this kid or a better fit.

I don’t know what that means but it sounds like a good thing.
Lol. Neither do I. I would be surprised if we are involved . No idea if that’s good or bad. Seems like he could be a good spring recruit.

Almost seems like a lot of DJ's connections want Ben to give him an offer. I'm totally speculating and don't know anything, but that's how it looks in the comments

Lol. Neither do I. I would be surprised if we are involved . No idea if that’s good or bad. Seems like he could be a good spring recruit.
It means that other people comment on his tweet, and add Ben Johnson's handle to it. It doesn't really mean anything other than some fans think Ben should be interested. Here's a screenshot, you can see Ben's Twitter handle @CoachBenJohnson in their replies.

Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 2.27.17 PM.png

Follow up: what is actually interesting is that DJ Jefferson "liked" the tweet that said "
@CoachBenJohnson
offer him coach. He’s a game changer!"
Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 2.33.58 PM.png

Last edited:

In some places this might be called a full court press pr move by his fans. I’ll trust that Ben knows whether he’s a good fit or not and work from there. Very odd to me that a four star was not heavily recruited. Late bloomer?

Granted I can only see the free 247 page: https://247sports.com/player/dj-jefferson-46109839/

What does it "mean" with his timeline having all these P6 offers at various times after the Tulsa over, including GT several months later, then it never shows him taking any trips anywhere, and then committing? Was that because of the pandemic?

Or is there some other explanation perhaps like, none of those offers were "committable yet", he kept waiting to be given the green light to commit to a bigger offer, that never came, so he committed to Tulsa as the back-up plan? So what has changed then?

Granted I can only see the free 247 page: https://247sports.com/player/dj-jefferson-46109839/

What does it "mean" with his timeline having all these P6 offers at various times after the Tulsa over, including GT several months later, then it never shows him taking any trips anywhere, and then committing? Was that because of the pandemic?

Or is there some other explanation perhaps like, none of those offers were "committable yet", he kept waiting to be given the green light to commit to a bigger offer, that never came, so he committed to Tulsa as the back-up plan? So what has changed then?
Maybe this isn't what you're referring to, but what changed is Frank Haith the Tulsa head coach resigned......so he decommitted.....I would hope Ben is at least kicking the tires on this one.

No I wasn't wondering why he decommitted.

I was wondering why he had all these P6 offers, some of which not too long after Tulsa offered, but then the page never shows taking any visits (unofficial or official) and then suddenly he's just committed to Tulsa. The page could just be missing relevant news, as well.

The guy looks really athletic, we can't really be choosers, let's pick him up. If we don't we will see him on some mid major team as an 11th seed upsetting a 6th seed

Top Bottom