Disgusting.

Go Gophs eh?

Reaction score
Absolutley disgusting to see how far our team has fallen. Fire brewster now, and start over.. quick... This is why im happy to be more of a college bball fan than fb fan right now. At least we can look foward to November? for those of us who like to watch a winning gopher team.

I would like for Brewster to be fired and either have Maturi fired or force his retirement before the end of the football season. Get a new AD in who makes the new coaching hire. I do not want Maturi's fingerprints on the fb program. After showing that he does not have a clue as to who to hire as a fb coach, I do not want him wasting another 4 years of gopher fb.

Was listening to Doogie & MV on 1500 on the way home from the game and MV mentioned that the reduced buyout for Brewster's contract doesn't kick in until after the season is over, so odds are good that it'll be sometime around Dec. 1 that any action is taken.

Yeah, I'm on the bandwagon that says Brew needs to go. The only way I would have stayed off it is if we swept the Big Ten. That being the case, since I'm hoping he's done, I'm willing to watch the time roll off the Play4Brew's clock.

Brew's own words are what got him hanged. You can say, Rose Bowl, Big Ten champs, Pasadena, Gopher Nation, and I LOVE FOOTBALL all you want. When you don't back that up with results, first the negatives, then everybody else is going to call for your head.

I wish we could make Horton the interim now, he has been around the block and could probably better prepare the current team for a transition to a new coach next year.

I wish we could make Horton the interim now, he has been around the block and could probably better prepare the current team for a transition to a new coach next year.

Yeah, because his play-calling has been so sweet in crucial situations. :confused:

Yeah, because his play-calling has been so sweet in crucial situations. :confused:
Horton is going to call plays the rest of the year no matter what, so why not have him be head coach as well?

Horton is going to call plays the rest of the year no matter what, so why not have him be head coach as well?

I think your take is right. Obviously, Horton is not going to be the new head coach when Brewster is fired, but I think Brewster should be fired just to inject some excitement into the program. Right now, with Brewster as head coach, we can expect boneheaded play calling, bad time outs and confusion. Let's just get rid of him now!

Brew has said that he has major input into the TYPE of play call. So he may say running play, even if horton picks which play.

But Cosgrove is turning our D into the same thing he did at Neb. Into the crapper.

But Cosgrove is turning our D into the same thing he did at Neb. Into the crapper.

The simple fact is we need to clean house. I like some of Horton's play calling, but I think we need a new coach, with experience, that brings his guys in and does an overhaul in not only the play calling but also the talk. Not so much of the used car salesman bit, but much more direct and does not let bad play by the qb go unattended.

It will never happen, but Weber needs to step aside and force Gray or Alipate into action. They need to figure out what they have back there.

It will never happen, but Weber needs to step aside and force Gray or Alipate into action. They need to figure out what they have back there.

Agree, it would be a waste of a bad season to not play Gray or Alipate at QB to see what we have.

I'm pretty sure the coaches know what they have behind Weber. You guys only say that because YOU want to know what we have back there. I've seen the scrimmages and I remember last year with Gray at QB.. I can wait. Let the kid mature and learn for next year by NOT throwing him to the wolves (read: T-Jack's first two years with the Vikes).

Brew's own words are what got him hanged. You can say, Rose Bowl, Big Ten champs, Pasadena, Gopher Nation, and I LOVE FOOTBALL all you want. When you don't back that up with results, first the negatives, then everybody else is going to call for your head.

+1 Brewster has become nothing but a big talker and chearleader for this program. All talk and no action. I understand that a new coach coming in has to be positive on his outlook but he started it with all this over the top talk and now in his 4th year he is already 0-4 at home, what a joke!

Isn't that what a CAPTAIN suppose to do.... when he knows that he can't get the job done. Self evaluation?

no way brew changes anything. he is fighting for his job. he will do what HE thinks gives them the best chance to win now, not develop the pine riders for next year-he won't work here anymore at that point.

How is all this blame on Weber. He is what he is, and is not even close to the biggest problem this team has. The defense is brutal. Enough points have been scored to win 4 games this year, but the D has given up 30+ per game. Not gonna win too many that way.

How is all this blame on Weber. He is what he is, and is not even close to the biggest problem this team has. The defense is brutal. Enough points have been scored to win 4 games this year, but the D has given up 30+ per game. Not gonna win too many that way.
I'm not blaming Weber for anything. This season is a washout. It's important for player development to get some actual playing time. Brewster sticks with Weber no matter what. Neither one will be back next year, the QBs need some in-game experience.

I'm not blaming Weber for anything. This season is a washout. It's important for player development to get some actual playing time. Brewster sticks with Weber no matter what. Neither one will be back next year, the QBs need some in-game experience.

Very true, well said. I don't see Brewster doing that though because he is a moron and stubborn. Since him and Adam have never won a big game or trophy game in there 4 years here, he is going to sink the ship with Weber at the helm til thee end!:eek:

Top Bottom