Digger Phelps

gophersfan

Reaction score
anyone just hear him say the Big Ten is not that strong this year. what a idiot.

anyone just hear him say the Big Ten is not that strong this year. what a idiot.

Well, honestly, if I did not see that the conference's RPI was second overall, I would never have guessed it. I really don't feel that any team has a chance to do much damage other than Michigan State, and even with them, I worry that they will struggle against more athletic teams. Deep....yes, strong as in potential Final Four teams, not so much. Just how I see it.

Cant disagree with him all that much...

Did like to hear him and Hubert Davis suggest Wisconsin isn't as safe as people say they are!

B10 is tough top to bottom this year but only MSU is elite. I really don't think anyone else is a legit sweet 16 team other than Purdue. However I wouldn't be surprised to see 4 or 5 teams make it to the sweet 16 if that makes sense

I understand people don't like the style (I like/love it) and I understand the games might not be exciting if you're looking to watch something that ends up 85-75. I also understand that the Big 10 probably doesn't have an elite level team, save Michigan State.

That said, the RPI of the conference was earned, not given. That's my beef when people rag on the Big 10 too much. No one voted our conference to its current position. Our teams played and won non-conference games and established that position.

Top Bottom