Did Sam Maresh catch on anywhere or sign with someone?

gopherdudepart2

Reaction score
I must have missed it but did Maresh sign with anyone? Hoping he gets a clean slate and a shot to play at the D1 level.

Marash did not sign. I'll try to reach him tomorrow.

Iowa Western had plenty of talent this year.

Iowa Western 2011 Transfers:

Eric Simmons - OL - Iowa
Cory Morrissey - DL - Iowa State
Ryan Hubbell - TE - Louisville
Matt Waters - WR - Ohio
Ty Branz - DL - Ohio
DQ Johnson - DB - North Texas
Alfred Sharp - OL - New Mexico State
Andrew Brown - DB - South Dakota State
Evan Williams - WR - Northern Iowa
Drake Ferch - DB - Iowa State
Andre Dawson - RB - Iowa
Adam Kuhl - LS - Northern Illinois
Austin Knowlton - WR - South Dakota State
Jalen Barnes - DB - Northern Iowa
Cole Jackson - DL - Minnesota Crookston
Nolan Long - OL - Morningside
Quinten Hall - DL - Grandview

Stetzon Bair - DL - Oregon (Commited not signed)

Wow. Nearly four years after he "graduates" from HS and still nothing... Sad.

Iowa's JUCOs seem to bring in a lot of good players. You don't often hear about players from Minnesota's JUCOs going on to play for D-I schools.

I was just looking at the roster for Northland CC in Thief River Falls. They have nine players from Ozark, Alabama. I had never heard of Ozark, before, so I had to look it up. It is town of about 15,000 people. Apparently, a major portion of their football team decided to come up to play JUCO football in TRF. That's an interesting pipeline.

We were talking about him at the Signing Day Social, and a man overheard us that, apparently, had some knowledge of the situation. He relayed that he is likely going to go Div. II, but he didn't give any specifics.

Good luck to Sam!

I have no knowledge of his circumstances butthis kid has upper D1 talent so I'm thinking it must be academic related. Again I'm only speculating.

IMO, if Sam was on our roster, he'd be one of the most talented kids on the roster. It's really too bad for him that he couldn't buckle down and get this right.

IMO, if Sam was on our roster, he'd be one of the most talented kids on the roster. It's really too bad for him that he couldn't buckle down and get this right.

Think Royce White........

I have no knowledge of his circumstances but this kid has upper D1 talent so I'm thinking it must be academic related. Again I'm only speculating.

That may no longer be true. I find it hard to believe that if that were true that he couldn't catch on with someone. I think his talent came and went. Happens.

Iowa's JUCOs seem to bring in a lot of good players. You don't often hear about players from Minnesota's JUCOs going on to play for D-I schools.

I was just looking at the roster for Northland CC in Thief River Falls. They have nine players from Ozark, Alabama. I had never heard of Ozark, before, so I had to look it up. It is town of about 15,000 people. Apparently, a major portion of their football team decided to come up to play JUCO football in TRF. That's an interesting pipeline.

Iowa is a division 1 juco, so they can give these kids some sort of athletic scholarship, just like the Kansas jucos. Minnesota's jucos obviously can not. Schools like Mesabi, Minnesota West and Rochester do put out some solid d-1 talent but Minnesota juco's can't compete with any of the other conferences if can't offer any kind of scholarships. Its not unusual to see a group of kids from the same town go to school together. Its junior college in Minnesota and these kids are paying to play. These kids prob just wanted to get out of Ozark and try something new lol

FACT: Minnesota is the only state with JuCos that cannot give scholarships.

FACT: Minnesota is the only state with JuCos that cannot give scholarships.

I don't think we can say that weak local JUCOs are the reason for the U's continued troubles, but it would certainly help to have more good football players in the immediate area.

Top Bottom