Did Michael Carter play vs. Illinois?

Mike Rotch

Reaction score
I don't think that I saw him, but I thought that Brewster said that he could play. I'm getting kinda sick of Simmons lack of interest in tackling...

Interesting, I thought people said he played special teams. If he didn't play at all though, what does that tell you? Sounds like Brewster wanted to send a message without all the fanfare of "suspending" him.

I don't think the fanfare would have been a bad thing to be honest, but whatev.

Do you think the press will pick up on that? Doubtful.

I'm just curious, what would you expect the press to say? The story isn't an article in and of itself...so I could see a note in Sid's column maybe or a blurb in a "Game Notes" section of a story. But if the football program won't comment, there aren't any quotes to use and there was no official suspension, there isn't a story there to write. I am a little surprised that Sid's intern didn't include that note though.

I most definately saw him on two kick-offs for sure, maybe more.

Could it have been a duplicate number? Or did he really play? If so, that's not much of a in-house "taking care of it" now is it....

Could it have been a duplicate number? Or did he really play? If so, that's not much of a in-house "taking care of it" now is it....

It was most definately him. Maybe the taking care of it was not allowing him to play d-back?

You're sure it was Michael Carter #1 and not Brandon Green #1? We have two #1 jerseys on the team. I didn't pay close enough attention to know, so I'm not doubting you, just trying to clarify. I find it hard to believe that Carter would play on two KO teams but not any defense. He should be playing defense if he's cleared to play.

Top Bottom