Devoe Joseph

Schlic Daddy

Reaction score
I feel like some people have been down on Devoe this season (with the exception of his great game the other day) and some were calling doom when Nolen got hurt, but looking at the stats, I think he's had an excellent season. Despite being sixth on the team in minutes, he is fourth in scoring, second in assists and fourth in steals. He does need to do a better job of holding the ball (he has more turnovers than Nolen), but he's done a good job overall, IMO.

I like Devoe

I feel like some people have been down on Devoe this season (with the exception of his great game the other day) and some were calling doom when Nolen got hurt, but looking at the stats, I think he's had an excellent season. Despite being sixth on the team in minutes, he is fourth in scoring, second in assists and fourth in steals. He does need to do a better job of holding the ball (he has more turnovers than Nolen), but he's done a good job overall, IMO.

I like Devoe. He seems like a solid, bright young man. I think he has a very big upside from his freshman year. While getting minutes, I think him playing many of them on the "second line" put added pressure on him to do too much, too fast.

It seems like he has played better, in more control and in more comfort as a starter.

Let's not kid ourselves about the absence of Al. Al is one of the best perimeter defenders in the BIG TEN if not the country, IMHO. Not getting any minutes from AL is NOT a good thing.

Solid performances and continued growth from Devoe can certainly minimize the loss of Al.

Go Gophers!

at HOME against NW, 28 minutes, 5 pts, 4 TOs, 2 assists... not sure where the 2 came from... maybe 'skip passes' to Hoff? keep dreaming... DJ can't beat anyone off the dribble so the offense gets pushed further and further away from the hoop until 10 left in the shot clock and LW takes matters into his own hands.

at HOME against NW, 28 minutes, 5 pts, 4 TOs, 2 assists... not sure where the 2 came from... maybe 'skip passes' to Hoff? keep dreaming... DJ can't beat anyone off the dribble so the offense gets pushed further and further away from the hoop until 10 left in the shot clock and LW takes matters into his own hands.

Huh?

Devoe is a good, solid 4-year player for this program. He single-handedly kept us in the game at Indiana, and while he is not a natural point, has proven solid in that spot. We nearly beat MSU with him and that point and beat Northwestern. I'd say that's more than we can ask for at this point.

Against MSU, he had 7 assists and one turnover, and in my opinion was our best player in that game. And that's against some of the quickest guards in the Big Ten (Lucas and Lucious).

Nolen may be a bit overrated. He's a great on ball defender(top 15 in the nation) and he's always on the floor diving after loose balls, but his shot is hideous looking... and sometimes he is careless with the ball in key situations...along with trying to make the perfect pass in key situations...sometimes he tries to do too much is what i'm saying... Joseph on the other hand is more of a SG... He's a tall PG, and his ball handling skill is worse than Nolen's but he seems to be making better decisions and he's only a sophomore...get his brother, move devoe to SG...hoffarber comes off the bench...could be in for a top 10 and sweet sixteen season next year my friends if it all pans out.

agree....bring on Royce White and we will have a sweet 16 team if not better. I am not sure Nolan will be back next year. Sources tell me he may not finish to make grades. What a shame.

Sources tell me he may not finish to make grades. What a shame.
Between you and Missed-layup, I really don't know who has better "sources." :p

I believe your "source" said that Royce will definitely play tomorrow at OSU right?

Huh?

Devoe is a good, solid 4-year player for this program. He single-handedly kept us in the game at Indiana, and while he is not a natural point, has proven solid in that spot. We nearly beat MSU with him and that point and beat Northwestern. I'd say that's more than we can ask for at this point.

Against MSU, he had 7 assists and one turnover, and in my opinion was our best player in that game. And that's against some of the quickest guards in the Big Ten (Lucas and Lucious).

Juicer, any follow up?
hate to say i told you so... but some of you guys need to see these players for what they are... not what you hope they will be.

If "stupid shots" counted as turnovers, Devoe would have a lot more turnovers.

Juicer, any follow up?
hate to say i told you so... but some of you guys need to see these players for what they are... not what you hope they will be.

The whole team sucked today. You really think this was representative of Devoe's talents? I don't.

The whole team sucked today. You really think this was representative of Devoe's talents? I don't.

yes I do.
with John Wall ( or a dozen other PGs in college hoops), we would have been in this thing today.
we get almost no easy baskets...

yes I do.
with John Wall ( or a dozen other PGs in college hoops), we would have been in this thing today.
we get almost no easy baskets...

Your vision is pretty cloudy again, 'baller.' While John Wall or a dozen other PGs in college hoops would have helped our offense vs. what we got from Devoe today, the primary issue today was at the other end of the floor.

Your vision is pretty cloudy again, 'baller.' While John Wall or a dozen other PGs in college hoops would have helped our offense vs. what we got from Devoe today, the primary issue today was at the other end of the floor.

i'm cloudy?
the point here is Devoe and the PG play... not team defense.
so you agree with me it would help, but i'm 'cloudy'..
wow. what a fan base.

i'm cloudy?
the point here is Devoe and the PG play... not team defense.
so you agree with me it would help, but i'm 'cloudy'..
wow. what a fan base.

Well-stated, baller.

Top Bottom