Devoe article

Stoodabaker

Reaction score
Can someone please post the recent article about Devoe on Scout. It says he talks about the idea of playing with brother Cory Joseph....

The Gophers are among several top programs that are recruiting his younger brother, Cory, whose AAU team Grassroots Canada is playing in the Best Buy Classic this upcoming week. Unfortunately, Cory will not be making the trip.

“I told him that if he ever needs anything, to come to me for advice. I think that it is a good thing to go through by yourself and when the time comes, I am going to be there to help him make a decision. But as of right now, I want him to look at schools and decide on which one he likes the best.”

Joseph said that he and his brother have talked about the possibility of playing together in college.

“Definitely. We would love to play together. We’ve been playing together since we started playing on the hoop outside. We love playing together. It could definitely happen. It’s up to him. I’m already here.”

The full story..........

Devoe Joseph Ready For Sophomore Season

Devoe Joseph prepares for a big sophomore season
Posted Jul 11, 2009

Devoe Joseph, a 6-foot-3 sophomore guard, had a excellent freshman campaign for the Gophers. Joseph had a season-best 31 points for Errol Carlstrom Playaz as they improved to 3-1 as they defeated B-2-X 119-115 Wednesday night. GoldenSports. Net caught up with Joseph to learn about his expectations for the upcoming season and the possibility to playing with his younger brother, Cory, next year.

Devoe Joseph averaged 5.0 points, 1.8 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game last season as a freshman. He had four double figure scoring efforts, including a season-best 23 points against Penn State as he made seven three-pointers.

Joseph had his best game of the season for the Errol Carlstrom Playaz as he scored 31 points in their 119-115 win over B-2-X. Joseph told GoldenSports.Net that he credited his teammates for his strong play.

“I just play hard every game. I got opportunities tonight. My teammates found me. I missed a couple of easy shots, but the team got me some easy looks.”

Joseph threw a pass off the backboard in the fourth quarter that Trevor Mbakwe dunked ferociously, drawing a big response from the crowd. Joseph is excited by the presence of Mbakwe, who will give the Gophers some needed frontcourt size and athleticism.

“It is always fun playing with someone that athletic and as physical a specimen as Trevor. He might be one of the best athletes in the Big Ten this year. He is one of those guys that you can just throw it up to and he is going to go and get it. We have been having a lot of fun together and have a great season together.”

Rodney Williams Jr. had several highlight reel dunks on the other end. Joseph is excited about the prospect on the team adding to athletic forward to the team.

“Definitely. You see two guys who are there and are such great athletes. It gets me excited to see the plays that they are making athletically already.”

Joseph is working hard this summer to improve his game. He told GoldenSports.Net that he is working on every aspect of his game.

“My ballhandling. My passing. My all-around game. My shooting. Everything.”

Joseph has played for the Canadian national team the past few offseason, which caused him to miss summer school and Howard Pulley play last year.

“Probably next summer. I took a break off this summer. Got to get everything right with school."

The Gophers are among several top programs that are recruiting his younger brother, Cory, whose AAU team Grassroots Canada is playing in the Best Buy Classic this upcoming week. Unfortunately, Cory will not be making the trip.

“I actually talked to Cory. He is playing in New Zealand with the Canadian national team. I don’t think that he is going to be here this weekend.”

Cory is second on the Canadian team in scoring with 14.1 points per game as he is shooting 47.2% from the floor and 87.5% from the line. He led Findlay Prep to a #1 ranking in high school basketball as they finished the season undefeated. Devoe said that he is willing to help his brother during the recruiting process.

“I told him that if he ever needs anything, to come to me for advice. I think that it is a good thing to go through by yourself and when the time comes, I am going to be there to help him make a decision. But as of right now, I want him to look at schools and decide on which one he likes the best.”

Joseph said that he and his brother have talked about the possibility of playing together in college.

“Definitely. We would love to play together. We’ve been playing together since we started playing on the hoop outside. We love playing together. It could definitely happen. It’s up to him. I’m already here.”

If we can improve by three to four wins this year and make some noise in the tourney, we will continue to open up doors to all types of players. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cory come and play with his brother.

Can someone please post the recent article about Devoe on Scout. It says he talks about the idea of playing with brother Cory Joseph....

Not to be sarcastic ... that's why they sell subscriptions.

GH's mods would do well to take a cue from GI on this subject.

Are we really gonna get into the "he shouldn't have posted that info" argument again? No one cares. I and I am sure many others on this board appreciate the post PurplePride.

Are we really gonna get into the "he shouldn't have posted that info" argument again? No one cares. I and I am sure many others on this board appreciate the post PurplePride.

I think you misunderstand the point.

There is nothing illegal or improper about posting "info" gleaned from a story. E.g., "the Scout story said that Joseph is not trying to influence his brother at this time, but he really hopes he comes here and they enjoyed playing with each other in the past."

On the other hand, reposting the full text of a copyrighted article owned and sold by another source is illegal -- both for the poster and, potentially, the operators of this site. It is also disrespectful to those authors and reporters.

I agree

I think you misunderstand the point.

There is nothing illegal or improper about posting "info" gleaned from a story. E.g., "the Scout story said that Joseph is not trying to influence his brother at this time, but he really hopes he comes here and they enjoyed playing with each other in the past."

On the other hand, reposting the full text of a copyrighted article owned and sold by another source is illegal -- both for the poster and, potentially, the operators of this site. It is also disrespectful to those authors and reporters.

There is a "fair use" precept that allows quoting bits of a story, but we shouldnt copy the whole darn thing... as much as I enjoyed reading it...

Google cache says hello.

Top Bottom