Details of GopherHole/Buckyville Message Board Challenge

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
First it was the mysterious Slab of Bacon, then Paul Bunyan's Axe and now the rivalry kicks it up a notch with the First Annual GopherHole/Buckyville Message Board Challenge. Here are the rules agreed upon by administrators of both boards as the losing team has to display a banner designed by the winning message board community:

1. Banners are to be designed by fans of the opposing team.

2. Banners are to be no larger than 728px x 180px.

3. Banners cannot contain profanity, nudity, etc. - in short they must pass the common sense decency test.

4. Fans of the winning team are to deliver their banner to the board of the fans of the losing team by end of day CST Sunday (10/04/09).

5. The board moderator for the losing side is to post the delivered banner at the top and center of the front page of the site by noon CST Monday (10/05/09). The banner is to remain in place until 11:00 AM CST Saturday (10/10/09).

6. The banner is to resurface next season during Axe Week. The banner is to again be placed at the top and center of the front page of the site of the losing side by end of day CST Sunday (10/03/10). The banner is to remain in place until 11:00 AM CST Saturday (10/09/10).

7. No additional text or banners are to be placed on the upper portion of the front page in the vicinity of the banner with the intention of explaining or diminishing the effect of the banner.

GO GOPHERS!!

Well done. I think we just improved both sites and the rivalry. Well done GH, and that place of great suckdom.

It is worth noting that we can only do this because neither board is part of a corporate empire - just done out of love, I guess!

It would be nice to see footage or a graphic of Minnesota players running over to the Wisconsin bench to grab the axe at the top of Buckyville.

I like the idea...but dislike that you referred to it as the "First Annual". Something is not annual until it has happened multiple times.

you might as well sticky this so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle of threads

that is if you want fans to see said "challenge" and actually take the time to design something....

It would be nice to see footage or a graphic of Minnesota players running over to the Wisconsin bench to grab the axe at the top of Buckyville.

You may get your wish, Myles Long of Buckyville has (who is a photographer), has graciously offered to let GopherHole post photos he takes at the game. It kind of makes it hard to fuel this Badger hatred, when the guys at Buckyville are so nice to us! Eh, what am I talking about, Bielema is enough fuel for any fire ;).

This is a request to any GH posters that have any kind of design experience, please help out with ideas for a banner!

Reminder and renewal of bet

Good morning,
While I know the Gophers and the Badgers do not meet until next week and both teams have Big Ten Openers this week, the banner bet between Gopher Hole and Buckyville made last year contains an agreement that the losing team from last year display the banner during the week leading up to this year's game, which starts this Sunday by the end of the day. Specifically:

6. The banner is to resurface next season during Axe Week. The banner is to again be placed at the top and center of the front page of the site of the losing side by end of day CST Sunday (10/03/10). The banner is to remain in place until 11:00 AM CST Saturday (10/09/10).

We look forward to continuing this fun and irreverent new tradition this year, as we look forward to thoughtful exchange of discussion of the game between fans of both teams on both message boards.

Sincerely,
Southfew, Buckyville administrator

Attachments

• GopherHoleBanner-2009andpre-2010gam.jpg
    GopherHoleBanner-2009andpre-2010gam.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 61

In the words of Keanu Reeves..... "Whooaaaaaa........"

It is worth noting that we can only do this because neither board is part of a corporate empire - just done out of love, I guess!

It is a fun bet and I am glad both sides are having fun with it, but we at Scout.com have no restrictions on what we use as a board header (though I am sure that most publishers would exhibit common decency requirements, as seems to be in play here) so being part of a "corporate empire" has nothing to do with it.

I can't speak for Rivals.

Have fun with the bet.

It is a fun bet and I am glad both sides are having fun with it, but we at Scout.com have no restrictions on what we use as a board header (though I am sure that most publishers would exhibit common decency requirements, as seems to be in play here) so being part of a "corporate empire" has nothing to do with it.

I can't speak for Rivals.

Have fun with the bet.

So what? These sites are still way better than anything Scout puts out.

Top Bottom