Denver Broncos make trade for Sean Payton

Other coaches who have had picks traded for them:

-Bill Parcells Patriots to Jets

-Bill Belichick Jets to Patriots

-Jon Gruden Raiders to Bucs

-Mike Holmgren Packers to Seahawks

-Herm Edwards Jets to Chiefs

I'd say only one of those was bad for the acquiring team (Herm.)
Robert Irsay traded the Rams for the Colts.

Tom Brady broke the nfl

it wouldn’t be shocking if Wilson had 4-5 years of good football left. But once you’re past 10 it could leave you at any point.
Yes, it would be. He’s been found out.

Yes, it would be. He’s been found out.
I read his point as it wouldn’t have been shocking if Wilson had some years left so Denver traded for him. Even so, before Brady that move would have been less likely.

Responding directly to this in your post: brees master of reading defenses and throwing the ball on time short to intermediate. Russ was good at extending plays and his strength is the deep ball Yards per completion tell me they are more similar in the length of passes than your quote.
The bolded is an absolutely terrible take. One can throw a combination of screen passes and deep balls to arrive at an average of about 7 yards per completion while a different QB can consistently throw 7 yard passes.

The U offers stats classes fyi. ; )

The bolded is an absolutely terrible take. One can throw a combination of screen passes and deep balls to arrive at an average of about 7 yards per completion while a different QB can consistently throw 7 yard passes.

The U offers stats classes fyi. ; )
Wilson was 10th in yards after catch last season, so compared to some of the other QBs he's not getting as much help from that side of things. Mahomes with the most yards after catch.

I read his point as it wouldn’t have been shocking if Wilson had some years left so Denver traded for him. Even so, before Brady that move would have been less likely.
Yes. The point was, Tom Brady broke the nfl.

Because before Brady everyone would assume Russel Wilson had somewhere between 1-5 years of high level football left. Most quarterbacks done by age 38

But because of Brady are everyone assumes everyone can play at a high level until late 30s or maybe 40.

Like, Andrew luck retirement age was 29 and everyone said he threw away 10 years of high level football.
But it is just as likely luck would’ve only played at a high level for 4-5 more years. As more quarterbacks lose it around 35 than keep it until 40.

Russel Wilson is 34. It is possible he has 4-5 years of high level ball left. Also possible he has lost it. And if he lost it at age 33 that doesn’t seem that uncommon to me.

Because before Brady everyone would assume Russel Wilson had somewhere between 1-5 years of high level football left. Most quarterbacks done by age 38

But because of Brady are everyone assumes everyone can play at a high level until late 30s or maybe 40.

Like, Andrew luck retirement age was 29 and everyone said he threw away 10 years of high level football.
But it is just as likely luck would’ve only played at a high level for 4-5 more years. As more quarterbacks lose it around 35 than keep it until 40.

Russel Wilson is 34. It is possible he has 4-5 years of high level ball left. Also possible he has lost it. And if he lost it at age 33 that doesn’t seem that uncommon to me.
On a side note... Remember when Donovan McNabb (at age 34) lost it but the Vikings brought him in anyway? That was tough to watch.

Rule changes on QB hits have increased the length of QB careers. You cant even tackle a QB in the pocket anymore. QB is also the most mental position in sports. If your game heavily relies on the mental part you can play a long time even if your skills diminish. Peyton manning was horrible his last year but won a superbowl because of his ability to check denver into good plays and throw the ball short and on time. Russels game is not like Brady, Brees, Manning, so I could see his game decline.

Responding directly to this in your post: brees master of reading defenses and throwing the ball on time short to intermediate. Russ was good at extending plays and his strength is the deep ball Yards per completion tell me they are more similar in the length of passes than your quote.
Have you watched them play??? a good deep ball thrower won't average 12 yards per attempt because they still throw quick game, screens, checkdowns, etc. Plus RAC increases yards per attempt. Is Andy Dalton the same style as Josh Allen because they have the same yards per attempt?

Top Bottom