Defense?

AF_Howie_2180

Reaction score
Maybe it's time that we send Rossi back on his way? I thought the Defense was supposed to be a strong part of the team this year but my god last weeks debacle carried over to today's game. Maybe we need new blood in the d-coordinators chair who can figure out how to get the team off the field and stop getting gashed constantly.

Maybe it's time that we send Rossi back on his way?
giphy.webp

Maybe it's time that we send Rossi back on his way? I thought the Defense was supposed to be a strong part of the team this year but my god last weeks debacle carried over to today's game. Maybe we need new blood in the d-coordinators chair who can figure out how to get the team off the field and stop getting gashed constantly.
So you turned the game off at halftime and haven't bothered to check on what happened in the second half then right?

Good lord

There will be growing pains when a defense has to count on half a dozen redshirt freshmen to play meaningful minutes every week... That's just how it is. The transfer portal took away a number of players who would have been relied upon this season... Luckily, it also brought a couple in as well. The defense is a work in progress... and I have confidence that it will improve week to week as these kids learn how to play B1G football.

Have to think they’ll be better. Some new players, that wierd substitution **** that has to stop. Always evolving in CFB

So you turned the game off at halftime and haven't bothered to check on what happened in the second half then right?

Good lord
Nope, we were there we have season tickets and they were gashing us, much like tonight's disaster against Big Blue.

The defense was supposed to be our "Strong" point this year on the team.....outside of a half against Eastern Michigan and Nebraska they collapsed at NW, let's not even talk about tonights game v Michigan and first half of last weeks game where LA was moving the ball at will that isn't going to cut it. I'm tired of living in "land of excuses and mediocrity" that is MN Sports

The defense was supposed to be our "Strong" point this year on the team.....outside of a half against Eastern Michigan and Nebraska they collapsed at NW, let's not even talk about tonights game v Michigan and first half of last weeks game where LA was moving the ball at will that isn't going to cut it. I'm tired of living in "land of excuses and mediocrity" that is MN Sports

Strongly recommend you move. Or give all your money to DTA

The defense got younger and less experienced that a lot of the media and people thought. Rossi is not the issue.

Offense is really on par with what could be expected out of this team IMO.

Expectations were mostly the problem due to Spann-Ford’s inflated value, and unproven QB valuation, and the defense having one stud and 10 rotating parts.

We are slow defensively. These freshman will still be slow in 2 and 3 years.

It's a talent issue, which is quite depressing.

Strongly recommend you move. Or give all your money to DTA
Most fans aren't going to fund college athletes. Just isn't going to happen. The current system is creating more of a divide than ever with respect to competition.

I fear the next few years will accelerate the divide. Mn playing Oregon, Washington, usc, ucla will not be good for wins. And thus the program.

I don’t expect a team to constantly be ranked 40 in recruiting beat a team that’s top ten constantly.

We are slow defensively. These freshman will still be slow in 2 and 3 years.

It's a talent issue, which is quite depressing.
A huge part of appearing slow is indecision and being out of position. I don’t think we suddenly have a slew of young players that are just physically slow.

The linebacker unit lacks depth and experience with Lindenberg out and Willis and Oliver transferring. Selig is more of a depth and experience add, but he wasn’t sensational at WMU, so not surprising he hasn’t been a big impact here. Stolsky getting play time is telling since he is a young walk on. Would have been nice to have added another LB in the portal.

A huge part of appearing slow is indecision and being out of position. I don’t think we suddenly have a slew of young players that are just physically slow.
When we play the plodding teams in the west, we are ok.

When we play the top teams, we are slow as schit. See last night and North Carolina. See Penn State last year.

Last edited:

The linebacker unit lacks depth and experience with Lindenberg out and Willis and Oliver transferring. Selig is more of a depth and experience add, but he wasn’t sensational at WMU, so not surprising he hasn’t been a big impact here. Stolsky getting play time is telling since he is a young walk on. Would have been nice to have added another LB in the portal.
They definitely seem “young” out there.

Top Bottom