Decker is now my all-time favorite gopher

gophmeister

Reaction score
He really showed what he was made of yesterday. The only gopher I can think of who sacrificed his body as much is Pug Lund, who cut off his finger in order to play.

He really showed what he was made of yesterday. The only gopher I can think of who sacrificed his body as much is Pug Lund, who cut off his finger in order to play.

+1.
He seems to have the entire package, toughness, leadership, character in how he handles himself off the field, and of course a lot of ability.

I agree. He will be successful no matter which path he chooses after this year. He won't settle for anything less.

I am going to miss watching him with the Gophers. It is such a treat to watch him work. Everyone who sees him play comes away with respect for him. Well, except those Wisconsin fans that are convinced he is a dirty player and a "nut puncher".

I think the fact opposing defenses key on him at all times, but he still manages to make the big plays bodes well for his success at the next level.

I just kept saying on Saturday, he's a stud. Picked passes out of the air that many others may not have pulled down.

I'm a Cal fan and just wanted to mention that Decker is my all-time favorite Gopher as well (was Rickey Foggie)! I haven't really watched him before this year, but having seen the way he played against Syracuse and Cal, I've liked everything I've seen about him. He is big, tough, runs great routes, has great hands, and can even throw a little. It was a pleasure to watch him play.

With all apologies to Mr. Best, Decker was the best player on the field on Saturday. What kind of shape would the team be without him. It's too bad a lot of NFL draft "experts" are going to pigeonhole him into the white-boy Ricky Proehl WR category, because he sure doesn't fit that mold.

I think Marion Barber III will always be my favorite. I never got tired of watching him run.

I like Barber, Carter and Decker, but until somebody gets us back to the Rose Bowl, Bobby Bell and Sandy Stephens will be my favorite Gophers.

Top Bottom