Dean Odegaard

snapperstein

Reaction score
Yesterday I was visiting a friend of mine who was rehabing a post-op hip replacement at a local nursing home and he mentioned that the individual in the next room was an ex-gopher and had played in both Rose Bowls. I went next door and had the pleasure of meeting Dean Odegaard from old St Paul Monroe who played for the the gophers from 58 to 61. Absolute great guy with great memories of playing for the Gophers and coach Warmath. Dean suffered a stroke a few years back and is doing the best he can, he's a fighter. Just thought that maybe some of his old teammates and fans could maybe drop him a line or a card, it would be appreciated. It was a treat talking to him about those great teams when alot of the players played both ways. His address is =

Dean Odegaard
Golden Livingcenter Rochester West
2215 52nd St NW
Rochester Mn 55901

Yesterday I was visiting a friend of mine who was rehabing a post-op hip replacement at a local nursing home and he mentioned that the individual in the next room was an ex-gopher and had played in both Rose Bowls. I went next door and had the pleasure of meeting Dean Odegaard from old St Paul Monroe who played for the the gophers from 58 to 61. Absolute great guy with great memories of playing for the Gophers and coach Warmath. Dean suffered a stroke a few years back and is doing the best he can, he's a fighter. Just thought that maybe some of his old teammates and fans could maybe drop him a line or a card, it would be appreciated. It was a treat talking to him about those great teams when alot of the players played both ways. His address is =

Dean Odegaard
Golden Livingcenter Rochester West
2215 52nd St NW
Rochester Mn 55901

Thank you very much!!!

Coach Odegaard is a great man. I lost touch with him so I really, really appreciated this note. Dean coached me when I was in 8th grade in a playground league. He cemented my love for the Gophers. I hope that I can make it down there soon to see him.

Top Bottom