Dayton gets a significant W

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Dayton gets an important win over Georgia Tech 63-59 in the first game at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off. Flyers get Villanova or George Mason in tomorrow's semis.

Miami (future Gopher opponent) trails Tulane early 12-11 at Charleston Classic.

Did anyone watch the game? I've been suspicious of Paul Hewitt's game coaching for awhile now, wondering if that played a part in the loss at all.

Hasn't Dayton defeated Creighton also already? A couple nice wins early on.

Tourney score updates

Good point Coolhand. I'd say early on with those 2 wins Dayton has the best resume of any team in the country.

Score updates. ...

Miami went on to crush Tulane, 74-54. Will play winner of Penn State-UNC Wilmington.

Potential upset brewing at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off. ... George Mason leads 'Nova 49-44 with 12 minutes to go. Winner gets Dayton.

I didn't see the game but I'm not shocked. Expectations are high for GT and this is not the way they wanted to start the season. Dayton is very good, but Tech has a great recruiting class coming in and have been mentioned to be a sleeper in the ACC. The heat might be on Hewitt very early this year.

Villanova scratches out a win/Penn State losing early

Trailed pretty much the entire game but edge George Mason, 69-68. 'Nova-Dayton should be an interesting semifinal.

In Charleston, Penn State down 28-21 to UNC-Wilmington with 8 minutes remaining in the first half.

I didn't see the game but I'm not shocked. Expectations are high for GT and this is not the way they wanted to start the season. Dayton is very good, but Tech has a great recruiting class coming in and have been mentioned to be a sleeper in the ACC. The heat might be on Hewitt very early this year.

Tech is very young though, may take them a bit before they can beat good teams, could definitely still happen though.

Penn State losing by 13. ...

vs. UNC-Wilmington with 9 minuts left to play. UNCW is 0-2 so far.

Top Bottom