Davis Leaves Football, Will Focus on Track and Field

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Per U of MN Communications:

University Of Minnesota head football coach Tim Brewster announced that offensive lineman Trey Davis (Jr., Farmington, Minn.) has left the squad with the intention of focusing strictly on track and field.

Davis finished fourth in the shot put at the recently-completed Big Ten Indoor Track and Field Championships. He recorded the Gophers’ top performance of the year in the discus during the 2009 outdoor season.

“Trey has decided to leave the program to focus on track and field here at Minnesota,” Brewster said. “We thank Trey for his contributions and his hard work and wish him the best.”

Davis played in 12 games and made six starts during his Gopher football career.

In another roster update, defensive back Kerry Lewis (Fr., Dallas, Texas) has left the program with the intention of transferring to another school.

-UM-

Sucks to lose Lewis, thought he had some talent. Such is the offseason.

Oof, I was looking forward to seeing Lewis on the field this season. CB depth will be tested early and often until guys like Bouie and Vereen are ready. Hope those JUCOs are ready.
The Davis announcement isn't a huge suprise, though i for one enjoyed his style of play, he is a very talented thrower and clearly has a love for the field events that I can relate to. He'll be a very valuable asset to the track and field squad full time now.

I wonder why it is that Lewis is transferring. I thought the kid had a legitimate chance to start this upcoming season or at least see some nice playing time!

Top Bottom