Cyclone heading north this weekend

Haverhill

Reaction score
Hello Gophers, I'll be heading north from Ames this weekend to the Minnesota/Syracuse game since Iowa State has a bye week. I'm curious if you could tell me the ins and outs of gameday in Minneapolis, such as best places to tailgate, best bars, and anything else I want to know to have an awesome experience. I'm incredibly excited to see a game at TCF Bank Stadium, and it sounds like there is quite a bit of excitement around this Gopher Football game.

Personal favorite food before the game would be any one of the subs from the Big Ten.

And remember, we hate Iowa. Iowa State, not so much.

Do you have a ticket?

What section and row? Section 105 will be hating Iowa for sure!
farmboy

PS section 107 sucks....sat on hands this whole season!

It's a little farther from the stadium (5-10 min drive), but the Blue Door Pub has awesome burgers, juicy lucy's and beer selection. I recommend the Bangkok Blucy. They have a happy hour from 2-5 everyday where everything on tap is 2 bucks. On a side note, I am taking my brother, an ISU alum, to the game tomorrow night for his first game in the Bank.

There are tailgate lots all around the stadium (mostly in an arc from the NW side to the NE side). Unfortunately you need a tailgate lot pass to park in these lots. However, if you just wander around with a cooler there is pretty much always somebody willing to share their space with you. Meanwhile, in the blocks to the south of the stadium there are bars with beer gardens. Buffalo Wild Wings, right next door. As mentioned, Stub & Herb's, Sally's, Campus Pizza, etc. all a block or so to the south.

If you are wandering around and would like to take in some of the band/cheerleaders, they play a pregame pepfest concert between the stadium and the hockey arena on the west side... an hour and 15 minutes prior to kick off.

Top Bottom