Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

Otis

Reaction score
Iowa looks solid.
MSU is MSU.
Illinois is slightly over-rated.
Wisconsin is definitely over-rated.
Is there an under-rated team out there people are sleeping on. OSU? Rutgers? Minnesota? Lol

Who's the top dog right now?

I think SelectionSunday about nailed it, from what I've seen. Missouri looks solid but that isn't a good loss for Illinois. For some reason I could see the wheels kinda coming off for them. (not in any way predicting a gopher win tomorrow).

Nebraska seems to be the worst team in the conference but they aren't talentless.

ILL seems to peak early then fade.Their coach looks like a gangster in a 50s movie.
MSU is the opposite, because Izzo tries to get them in tough preconference games.
IA is experienced and skilled. As long as their coach stays on his meds they will be tough to beat.
WI is a work in progress. At times the younger players play harder than the senior five starters, especially Ford.

I went with MSU because of the three options MSU is the only team that plays defense. Great defense beats great offense.

Fran will find a way to rant his way into Iowa underachieving. Probably a Sweet 16 and out.

ILL seems to peak early then fade.Their coach looks like a gangster in a 50s movie.
MSU is the opposite, because Izzo tries to get them in tough preconference games.
IA is experienced and skilled. As long as their coach stays on his meds they will be tough to beat.
WI is a work in progress. At times the younger players play harder than the senior five starters, especially Ford.
That is pretty much how I see it as well.

Switch Rutgers and Michigan

Switch Minnesota and Indiana

Rutgers is an interesting team... defense is good and they can score

Badger the fraud. Lies constantly regarding Mn gophers.
Can not find one single time i lied about the Gophers. Conference records, season records, offensive efficiency, defensive efficiency all true. Coaching records, all true. Observations on practices and games are opinions. Scouting reports on recruits are opinions. Feedback to recuits, my opinion, same to parents. You just despise 48-82 ! So do i.

I don't see MSU losing 5 times, so no.

Suppose it depends on their schedule as well. If they play iowa and illinois twice each, would expect two losses. Then can they get thru the rest of their schedule with less than 3 losses? Not so sure.

Suppose it depends on their schedule as well. If they play iowa and illinois twice each, would expect two losses. Then can they get thru the rest of their schedule with less than 3 losses? Not so sure.
In my opinion, among the title contenders MSU and Illinois have the easiest conference schedules, especially MSU. They play 4 games total vs. Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin, and 3 of those are at home. Granted, we don't really know if home-court advantage will mean that much this season.

In my opinion, among the title contenders MSU and Illinois have the easiest conference schedules, especially MSU. They play 4 games total vs. Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin, and 3 of those are at home. Granted, we don't really know if home-court advantage will mean that much this season.
It isn't what it usually is, that's for sure!

My thoughts, through Sunday's games.

SS, normally great work from you, but this was a shaky take. Gophers at 8 seemed too high when I saw this initially, and certainly seems way too high now. I think they're sitting at about 12 in the B1G. I also have Ohio State (with Liddell) and Penn State above Indiana.

Tough to say, but I will say Iowa as of now.

Big ten imo has 4 of the best 10 teams in the nation. YES Rutgers is a top 10 team.

SS, normally great work from you, but this was a shaky take. Gophers at 8 seemed too high when I saw this initially, and certainly seems way too high now. I think they're sitting at about 12 in the B1G. I also have Ohio State (with Liddell) and Penn State above Indiana.
That’s why I do this once a week, Sunday nights. Tonight won’t help that #8 ranking!

Gophers are not as bad as they played tonight.

The almighty Ken Pomeroy predictive ratings currently has this projected finish:

1) Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois 13-7
4) Michigan, Rutgers 12-8
6) Michigan State, Ohio State, Michigan State 11-9
9) Purdue 10-10
10) Penn State, Maryland 9-11
12) Minnesota 8-12
13) Northwestern 6-14
14) Nebraska 4-16

Last night not with standing.

There is absolutely no way we are on paper a better team than Rutgers this year.
Simply my opinion based on our deeper roster. As of today Rutgers is a better TEAM .

Simply my opinion based on our deeper roster. As of today Rutgers is a better TEAM .

Deeper?!?! In what? Warm bodies??

Gophers have Carr, awesome college player. You could make a legit argument that Rutgers(with Baker healthy) has the next 5 best guys

If depth to you is simply tossing more guys out on to the court per game, then....maybe???

Nova is screwed then because regardless of blow outs they literally only let 8 guys step on the court.

Also, this isn't even a knock on the Gophs. We are not some trash team or anything(at least I hope). You are just massively selling Rutgers short.

I'd take Ron Harper Jr. over Carr seven days a week and twice on Game days.

#freeronharper's son would look great in maroon and gold.

Deeper?!?! In what? Warm bodies??

Gophers have Carr, awesome college player. You could make a legit argument that Rutgers(with Baker healthy) has the next 5 best guys

If depth to you is simply tossing more guys out on to the court per game, then....maybe???

Nova is screwed then because regardless of blow outs they literally only let 8 guys step on the court.

Also, this isn't even a knock on the Gophs. We are not some trash team or anything(at least I hope). You are just massively selling Rutgers short.
I know all too well the best teams use 6-8 guys. Rutgers is well coached. We will find out if we can be.

Top Bottom