Cry Me A River Roy!

Roy has never taken personal responsibility. It's never his fault. He has blamed his players, fans, etc. at different points throughout his career. Roy loves himself some Roy.

Go Gophers!!

Last edited:

time to reload that bogus academic program now that the heat from NCAA is off so you can get those 'academically gifted' studs back into the program

Another loss for the ungifted. Pitt does the deed this time. So unfair to Roy.

Out of curiosity, I looked up their current roster. Yup, looks like a real dearth of talent that Roy has to work with. A couple of desirable grad transfers, a walk on 3 star post, multiple 5 and 4 star players...he's barely rubbing two sticks together at this point.

Freshmen:
Cole Anthony, 5 star guard (4th overall, missed the last month with a torn meniscus)
Armando Bacot, 5 star forward (27th overall)
Anthony Harris, 4 star guard (72nd overall, tore his ACL recently but wasn't playing much anyway)
Jeremiah Francis, 3 star guard (179th overall)

Sophomores:
Leaky Black, 4 star forward (71st overall)

Juniors:
Andrew Platek, 3 star guard (217th overall)
Garrison Brooks, 4 star forward (131st overall)
Sterling Manley, 3 star forward (267th overall)
Walker Miller, 3 star walk on post
Brandon Huffman, 3 star post (193rd overall)

Seniors:
Brandon Robinson, 4 star guard (60th overall)

Grad Transfers:
Justin Pierce, wing (averaged 15 ppg, 9 rpg, 4 apg at William & Mary)
Christian Keeling, guard (averaged 19 ppg at Charleston Southern)

There is no excuse for UNC being this bad. I really don't understand how it could happen.

Forcing their kids to actually attend their Underwater Basket Weaving classes has really taken a toll on that program. Roy has always been a turd and throwing his kids under the bus is just another notch in his belt..

If you listen to the whole segment you will hear he takes full blame for it and says it's his fault and he's mad at himself. They don't like to state that part at all. I'm not huge for saying this stuff in the media, but he's not wrong. They are struggling mightily and their guys haven't developed well. UNC has always been good at getting guys for 3 years and developing them while sprinkling in a 1 and done. His players love him when they leave, so lets hold on to the Roy hates on his guys all the time thing.

If you listen to the whole segment you will hear he takes full blame for it and says it's his fault and he's mad at himself. They don't like to state that part at all. I'm not huge for saying this stuff in the media, but he's not wrong. They are struggling mightily and their guys haven't developed well. UNC has always been good at getting guys for 3 years and developing them while sprinkling in a 1 and done. His players love him when they leave, so lets hold on to the Roy hates on his guys all the time thing.

I'll defer to Bleed's opinion on Ole Roy since Kansas is his 2nd favorite program. However, calling your current group of kids "not very gifted" in the media is indeed throwing them under the bus.

I'll defer to Bleed's opinion on Ole Roy since Kansas is his 2nd favorite program. However, calling your current group of kids "not very gifted" in the media is indeed throwing them under the bus.

I also said I don't like that he said that in the media as well. My main point is he threw himself under it first if you listen to the whole answer.

Listen to the first part. He owns it on himself. He had a poor soundbite, but lets not act like hes the first coach to call out his teams efforts when they are struggling.

I also said I don't like that he said that in the media as well. My main point is he threw himself under it first if you listen to the whole answer.

Listen to the first part. He owns it on himself. He had a poor soundbite, but lets not act like hes the first coach to call out his teams efforts when they are struggling.

Calling your kids "ungifted" in general is not the same as calling out a team's effort on a given night. I get what you're trying to say, though, anderson.

Not as easy when you have kids that actually have to take classes, is it ole Roy?

Might have to open the checkbook a little more. Maybe he should petition his booster a little harder?

Keeping stud players with no academic ability eligible is a problem when they have to go to real classes. But they've probably created something new just as shady that both the university and the NCAA will ignore.

Clemson stuns host UNC after going 0-for-59 in Chapel Hill

Aamir Simms hit an overtime-forcing 3-pointer with 3.5 seconds left in regulation, and Clemson went on to erase decades of futility at North Carolina by beating the Tar Heels 79-76 on Saturday, earning their first win in 60 tries in Chapel Hill.

Simms finished with 20 points for the Tigers (8-7, 2-3 Atlantic Coast Conference), who trailed by 10 with a little more than two minutes left in regulation. But Clemson made a frantic comeback to force the extra period, then came up with enough key baskets to do what no other predecessor had done in school history: walk off the court in Chapel Hill in celebration of a win.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom