Craig James

die hard gopher

Reaction score
Just came in on the last play of the Eagles-Packers game after the Eagle's starting corner got injured and tipped the pass causing a pick to seal the Eagles win.

Good for Craig. Would have been nice to hold on to him. He transferred because he was homesick, right?

Just came in on the last play of the Eagles-Packers game after the Eagle's starting corner got injured and tipped the pass causing a pick to seal the Eagles win.

Good for Craig. Would have been nice to hold on to him. He transferred because he was homesick, right?

Wasn't aware of him. I assumed you were making a post about a crazy RB / dad.

Yeah I think he was a southern Ohio kid who transferred to Cincinnati?
Played for the Vikings for a small bit, good play. #blowpackblow

Yeah I think he was a southern Ohio kid who transferred to Cincinnati?
Played for the Vikings for a small bit, good play. #blowpackblow

He's from Edwardsville, Illinois and transferred to SIU-Edwardsville.

Your probably thinking of former gopher WR Conner Krizancic who was from Mentor Ohio and once a Cinci commit who transferred to Ohio U.

Dude go lucky the refs looked the other way as he got to the receiver before the ball did, but good for James. He had a nice little career for our Gophs!

He had a nice punt return for a TD called back at Colorado State and then seemed like he struggled for the rest of that year (his sophomore year I think). He transferred after that season I believe. Congrats to Craig James!

This always seemed odd. James seemed like he had a ton of potential. I like him as a punt returner.
I dont recall which game, but it was a trainwreck for him. After that, he seemed to totally lose his confidence.
I have no idea why he transferred but glad to see he is getting paid.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This always seemed odd. James seemed like he had a ton of potential. I like him as a punt returner.
I dont recall which game, but it was a trainwreck for him. After that, he seemed to totally lose his confidence.
I have no idea why he transferred but glad to see he is getting paid.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I always thought he was really solid in coverage. I don't remember him having a bad game as a CB before I think getting hurt.

https://www.wctrib.com/sports/footb...ansferred-minnesota-now-hes-back-town-vikings

James, who is from Edwardsville, Ill., said he enjoyed playing for the Gophers as a reserve corner and punt returner. He broke his leg against Northwestern in the fifth game in 2015, ending his season, and then transferred.

“We had some family problems and I wanted to be closer to home,’’ said James, declining to give details. “A lot of stuff was happening. I didn’t want to leave the Gophers really, but it was just a situation that I kind of had to do. I’ve always loved Minneapolis.’’

I would guess he's not lying about the reason. He left after Claeys got promoted to HC and Sawvel promoted to DC, so I'd think it's unlikely his transfer was due to the coaching change (where I could see offensive players leaving if they liked Limey, for example). It could have been academics, but it's hard to believe he would have gotten that straightened out fast enough to play right away for SIU (don't start with a clean slate at a transfer).

Top Bottom