Couple current personnel questions

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
I realize withthe excitement of a new coach coming on board (and all the speculation surrounding who it will be), combined with the train wreck of a season that many of us are now enduring rather than enjoying, it is easy to forget about the actual current team and their ongoing games (well, except for Weber, who continues to endure a never ending open season on GH). I have scratched my head over a couple things and figured I'd inquire...

I saw an article stating Eskridge will be the feature back from here on out. It has been obvious Bennet's touches have been in decline since the South Dakota game. Why is this? Injury? I know he had a bum wheel. I'm not the football coach but from my personal opinion, I always feel better when Bennet is running the ball... seems to run a bit more violently, can occasionally break a tackle, and appears to be the best chance to create a little separation when free.

Also, why isn't Stoudermire returning kicks now? I'm not sure I have ever seen a kick returner bring more kicks back to the opponent's 40 yard line, yet avoid the end zone in my life. All in all, a very good kick returner. It seems as though his switch back to defense has ended his kick returning.

Bennet: In my opinion he lacks vision and balance and is not explosive. He had gaping holes in the MTSU game and had another good game against a 1-AA team, other than that he has not been good. I know the injury played a part in that, but overall his lack of vision has really been a factor. How many times do you see a handoff to Bennet where he runs right up the back of an offensive lineman? Bennet is good as a receiver out of the backfield and in blitz pickup, I will give him that. I think the best RB of the bunch is Kirkwood. I hope he is healthy and they give him a chance these last 4 games.

Stoudermire: I am with you. I am very confused as to why he is not back there. I thought I read quotes before the Penn State game that Troy would be back to returning kicks, but that did not happen. I know at one point the coaches said he was "winded" from playing defense...come on. That does not stop Patrick Peterson from returning kicks for LSU. He is the best kick-returner we have...get him back there. That circles back to Bennet, you can really see his lack of vision when he is returning kicks.

Agreed, Stoudermire should be returning kickoffs, wish he would have played in the d-backfield from day one though.

oops...sorry nothing to add, i thought it said personal questions and I thought I'd help out.

I thought Stoudermire quit?

Did I miss a Faceboook status update?

Me?

You're the one name calling.

I thought the kid quit a month ago. Don't get mad at me. Get mad at him.

I am sorry that you missed the news where he apologized for his behavior, conveyed excitement to be part of the team going forward, and has played in multiple games since then.

I am sorry also that you apparently have never been given a second chance in life since you are so unwilling to grant one.

He is a KID (your word); sometimes, they make stupid mistakes, such as a facebook status update. He is on the Gopher roster and playing, so a discussion about whether he should be returning kicks is extremely relevant.

I am sorry that you missed the news where he apologized for his behavior, conveyed excitement to be part of the team going forward, and has played in multiple games since then.

I am sorry also that you apparently have never been given a second chance in life since you are so unwilling to grant one.

He is a KID (your word); sometimes, they make stupid mistakes, such as a facebook status update. He is on the Gopher roster and playing, so a discussion about whether he should be returning kicks is extremely relevant.

OK. Thanks for the update.

Top Bottom