Connelly returning production numbers; Gophs trail only Iowa, MSU on schedule

swingman

Reaction score

Rank 51 with 67%....Iowa with 72% is tops of 12 opponents; IL at bottom with 54%...looks like he factors in transfers in and out...the returning Mo, Trey, Bryce production from pre-2021 is probably a big asterisk I would note here...

BYU - your next college football champion, I guess.

BYU - your next college football champion, I guess.
They were supposed to be great during the COVID season but schedule got dorked .... they didn't look like world beaters but who knows what would have happened otherwise.

I feel bad for them about that.

Reminder that Connelly's SP plus formula loves Minnesota...#21 in nation, and that's with projections for #50 offense, #9 defense....if Kirk C and healthy Mo, Trey, Bryce, CAB bring improved numbers to offense we hope for, this is a top 10 team.

Could be great news.

At the same time I remember we always had similar is-sh news when ... we were bad, because nobody was leaving ...

Could be great news.

At the same time I remember we always had similar is-sh news when ... we were bad, because nobody was leaving ...
yeah, as Connelly comments:

"Iowa (27th in SP+, 28th in returning production). The Big Ten West as a whole averages only about 64% returning production in 2022, and Iowa not only won the division last season but returns the most experience as well. That's a good sign, though in the case of quarterback production, it would be an even better sign if they were returning quality stats."

Tied with Bama!

homer-simpson-woohoo.gif

I’m surprised MSU has that much production coming back after losing Walker, who seemed to have the offense work because of him. Jayden Reed is a huge return, but he’ll probably be doubled more often if State can’t find a replacement for Walker.

Top Bottom