Congratulations Gopher Lady, and thank you

husker70

Reaction score
http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/mediaplayer/player.html?redir=yes&mps=KFAN_PADubay.php&mid=http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/MINNEAPOLIS-MN/KFAN-AM/PAhr2.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&CPROG=RICHMEDIA&MARKET=MINNEAPOLIS-MN&NG_FORMAT=&NG_ID=&OR_NEWSFORMAT=&OWNER=&SERVER_NAME=www.kfan.com&SITE_ID=612&STATION_ID=KFAN-AM&TRACK I went to the pod cast, and listened to the questions you presented.

=
And to hear PA offer to have you on during recruiting and signing day was all I could have ask for. And when he tested you with an offer to have you on weekly if you would give up your support for The Green Bay Packers I couldn't have been prouder of your allegiance.

The one thing I don't think either you or PA addressed with the team this year is discipline. 11 players carrying out their assignment, every play, all day. Prior teams have missed assignments, lined up incorrectly, had momentary lapses, and committed stupid penalties. It is one thing to get beat, but its another to beat your self. Kill will elimnate the latter, and the game will take care of its self. The team will be in the game, and steal a couple with Hawthorne.

But again congratulations

http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/mediaplayer/player.html?redir=yes&mps=KFAN_PADubay.php&mid=http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/MINNEAPOLIS-MN/KFAN-AM/PAhr2.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&CPROG=RICHMEDIA&MARKET=MINNEAPOLIS-MN&NG_FORMAT=&NG_ID=&OR_NEWSFORMAT=&OWNER=&SERVER_NAME=www.kfan.com&SITE_ID=612&STATION_ID=KFAN-AM&TRACK I went to the pod cast, and listened to the questions you presented.

=
And to hear PA offer to have you on during recruiting and signing day was all I could have ask for. And when he tested you with an offer to have you on weekly if you would give up your support for The Green Bay Packers I couldn't have been prouder of your allegiance.

The one thing I don't think either you or PA addressed with the team this year is discipline. 11 players carrying out their assignment, every play, all day. Prior teams have missed assignments, lined up incorrectly, had momentary lapses, and committed stupid penalties. It is one thing to get beat, but its another to beat your self. Kill will elimnate the latter, and the game will take care of its self. The team will be in the game, and steal a couple with Hawthorne.

But again congratulations

Thanks, Husker, appreciate your kind words!

I briefly touched on discipline, as I said I would see that as a success at USC, if we saw a more disciplined team, with less penalties. You are very correct, and Coach Kill shares your thoughts. He said at yesterday's presser, it will be all about discipline. 12-13 plays will decide this game, and you can't take one play off (aka - Randy Moss's philosophy). I honestly don't think we'll win, but I'll be happy to see a team that exudes effort, and is disciplined. It's a process. 2 years from now, or even a year from now, I'm sure that will pay off.

If you suscribe to John Wooden's theory, the game is all about your preperation. Its about executing as a team every play and the 12 to 13 plays a game will take care of themselves. This is the biggest change with Coach Kill. He is about technique, assignment, and doing it quicker. This was not a priority in former Coaching staffs. We had players taking bad angles, being out of postion, and shall I say going through the motions. That has changed. This coaching staff is also teaching the team how to play the game. Not basic blocking and tackling. But being in the moment. Having a plan as to how to use the clock. How to slow the game down, how to move it under pressure. How to use the clock as your friend.

And I realize you mentioned discipline with PA, but this Discipline will be evident in better routes, less penatlties, fewer turnovers, being in position, better tackling, more defensive three and outs, more conversions on offense. This will lead to winning games we should, and steal one or more games at the gun. Hawthorne from 35, Gooooooood!!!!!!!!

Maybe as a follow up with PA following the USC game, a take on the effect of Coach Kill's discipline on the USC game.

Again, congrats

Top Bottom