Commit #12

Should I pat Tripplet on the back and thank him for his 4 years of not starting at Linebacker? The dude was a waste of scholarship for 4 years before finally getting a starting spot

You are so right man. All 85 scholarship players should be 4 year starters or they are a waste of a spot. Every scholarship player at Florida and Alabama is a starter for their whole career.
________
LAMBORGHINI CHEETAH HISTORY

You are so right man. All 85 scholarship players should be 4 year starters or they are a waste of a spot. Every scholarship player at Florida and Alabama is a starter for their whole career.

This thread has been hijacked to a discussion of what is good enough value from a scholarship player to deem him worth the Scholly. Well, I understand the hijack because of the number of Westerhaus threads, but does this really have anything to do with Westy?

I suppose some believe it is unclear how he will contribute. Well, he is a solid pick up because he has some versatility, size and a record of domination on the high school level on both sides of the ball. This type of player give coaches options in developing him to help the team on the field. Moreover, he has a Big Ten frame that can help early in his career, regardless to ideal position, in scout team related practice preparation.
The team needs to practice against solid ball players in order to be properly prepared for games. A contribution the Bankonit misses apparently.

I usually do not try to bash people's posts, but this shows a complete lack of football know how. Have you ever been to a college practice? Obviously, you have never played at any sort of a competitive level or maybe at all. Special teams is a HUGE part of the game and especially in college where good return men can completely change games. I guarantee you that if an opponent were to have an average starting field position of the 50 you would notice special teams.

Also, I bet that Heath Farwell has been a total waste of a player for the Vikings. Oh wait, he was made a Pro Bowler for his contributions on special teams.

Who said it wasn't?

You are right, Mike Maciejowski was a fantastic player for us, I am very glad for his contributions to the Gopher program. He won so many games for us.

Yep, he lost just as many games for the gophers, if not less. Not, every player is going to be a star player, role players are just as important to the success of a team. If a player does his job and doesn't make mistakes that will hurt his team but doesnt get media or fan attention, he is still a valuable asset to that team.

By the way, the scout team is a vital part of preparing the team for saturday. So I'm sure he had his hand in all of the wins for the Gophers during his career.

bankonit

is an idiot! 1 point to everyone in this post that again has proved his way of thinking to be extremely limited. -10 points for bankonit. bankonit is looking more and more like a troll!

Construction Cat has a message for bankonit:
ICHC_CantFixStupid.jpg

Top Bottom