Colt McCoy

Schlic Daddy

Reaction score
Anyone else think he is a wiener after tonight? Did it cross anyone else's mind that maybe he was paid off? Just curious because both of these thoughts came up with the friends I was watching with.

In a round about way, I agree. With the NFL payday sure to come his way, i'm sure it factored in to his families decision to sit him out. If he's injured, he could do severe damage playing. And if he could play (which is what I think) but was not 100 percent, a poor performance could cost him dearly. He made the smart move.

SouthMetro

I saw personally thought that McCoy would come back in the 4th and lead Texas to the game winning score. Tough loss for McCoy and Texas in general. I was very impressed with his replacement in the 2nd half.

BTW did anyone else think that Sabin came off as a smug a-hole? You just won the national championship dude you can smile and be happy for awhile.

Yeah, it looked like he wanted to kill his boys after they doused him with juice. Didn't he pull a 'Holtz' to coach them?

SouthMetro

Saban always comes off as a Grade-A a-hole. That's why he has the scintillating reputation around the country. Kind of like the A.J. Pierzynski of college football coaches: tolerable if he's on your team, otherwise you hate his guts.
:cool02:

After the game McCoy said, "There isn't really any pain, I just can't feel my arm." That would be a red flag - as a coach, I think I would want my QB to feel his throwing arm...

This is just a naive question, but who would be paying him off? Agents? Insurance?

This is just a naive question, but who would be paying him off? Agents? Insurance?

I think that was the OP's suggestion would be that gamblers would pay off Colt to throw or fix the game. Of course, I don't believe that happened for one second.

Did it strike anyone as odd what was said why Colt wouldn't play? Even the TX coaches apparently said he had an NFL future in-front of him and should not risk it. If nothing was broken or torn, could he have not tried to play, just like th Oklahoma QB tried to come back? Didn't the U of TX just invest about $100K in him (tuition, room&Board, etc) for 4-years to play football for the school. Are we now going to not play guys anymore when they might have a shot at the NFL? I can understand if he was seriously hurt, but where do you draw the line between protecting his future, and his responsiblity to the University, it's fans, and his teammates? By holding a guy out for the NFL, does that then relinquish his scholarship for the remainder of the year? Does he own something back to the U of TX? Just thinking out loud.

Does this thread actually exist?

Anyone else think he is a wiener after tonight? Did it cross anyone else's mind that maybe he was paid off? Just curious because both of these thoughts came up with the friends I was watching with.

One of the dumbest and most absurd questions I've ever seen posted on here.

I think that was the OP's suggestion would be that gamblers would pay off Colt to throw or fix the game. Of course, I don't believe that happened for one second.

Our thought was gamblers.

And I just think he owed it to his teammates to give it a shot. It's the fricking national championship game. Turns out he wasn't even hurt--just had some tingling in his arm...go at least try to throw a ball on the sidelines and see how it feels. We're not asking him to be Ben Roethlisberger and play when you can't lift your arm.

I just thought he owed it to his team to give it a shot. I thought it seemed kind of selfish.

Yes, Saban is a smug a-hole.

Did it strike anyone as odd what was said why Colt wouldn't play? Even the TX coaches apparently said he had an NFL future in-front of him and should not risk it. If nothing was broken or torn, could he have not tried to play, just like th Oklahoma QB tried to come back? Didn't the U of TX just invest about $100K in him (tuition, room&Board, etc) for 4-years to play football for the school. Are we now going to not play guys anymore when they might have a shot at the NFL? I can understand if he was seriously hurt, but where do you draw the line between protecting his future, and his responsiblity to the University, it's fans, and his teammates? By holding a guy out for the NFL, does that then relinquish his scholarship for the remainder of the year? Does he own something back to the U of TX? Just thinking out loud.

I would guess he was responsible for generating way more than the money they invested in him for a scholarship. How do you know he wasn't demanding to have the coaches put him back in the game? If he was letting his team down on purpose, he would have just stood on the sideline but he had a headset on, was talking to the QB, pumping up his team, etc. He looked like a guy that wanted to play. The idea that he was paid off by gamblers for the biggest game in his career, or that he owes something more to the University because he had a pinched nerve is nuts. This is one of the dumbest threads ever.

Cousin_Eddie.jpg

You serious, Clark?

I wonder if it doesn't backfire on him. NFL is a tough league and players play hurt. Maybe they shouldn't but they do. McKoy did not look very tough out there yesterday- he also didn't look very hurt. It is unfortunate but perception is everything.

It won't affect his standing in the NFL one bit compared to his combine performance. There's a lot put on those few days, and that will be the make-or-break for his NFL draft position.

Some of you people are meatheads. The kid couldn't throw the ball 7 yards. Not because he was in pain but there was no life in his arm. I'm sure he had some of the best Drs. the University of Texas has to offer looking him over. If the kid could have gone I'm sure he would have.

No. Even while watching the game, no outlandish conspiracy theories were running through my head.

This thread is absurd, and I'm less of a human being for bumping it.

was anyone else annoyed with the post game questions to colt? i really hate when the "star" players are interviewed after a big loss-especially one that was injured and couldnt participate! So, you were hurt early and had to sit out the rest of the game-were you pleased with what happened? how do you feel after the loss?are you excited you will be in the nfl next year? and so on-really, leave the kid alone after the game

BTW did anyone else think that Sabin came off as a smug a-hole? You just won the national championship dude you can smile and be happy for awhile.

Saban is a huge prick...he's also the best football coach in America.

was anyone else annoyed with the post game questions to colt? i really hate when the "star" players are interviewed after a big loss-especially one that was injured and couldnt participate! So, you were hurt early and had to sit out the rest of the game-were you pleased with what happened? how do you feel after the loss?are you excited you will be in the nfl next year? and so on-really, leave the kid alone after the game

The questions these idiots ask is unbelievable. My favorite is how do you feel? "Hey Colt, you just lost the nat'l championship, now what are you going to do? I feel great, I'm going to Disneyland.":rolleyes:

Saban is a huge prick...he's also the best football coach in America.

that is quite the opinion! he is a good coach but how the hell can anyone say he is better than anyone else? going from major power to the nfl to another major power would lead me to believe hes a great coach but being put into even greater situations that lead to success!

After the game McCoy said, "There isn't really any pain, I just can't feel my arm." That would be a red flag - as a coach, I think I would want my QB to feel his throwing arm...

I heard he wanted to go back in but the trainers gave him a football in the locker room after the injury and he couldn't control his arm to throw it even a few yards. He had a hard time controlling his emotions when interviewed, so, of course he wanted to play!

He will be a NFL star QB.

Top Bottom