Colorado officially to the Big 12

Back to where they started before the great shuffling began.

most of the talk over realignment has focused on the football aspects. But Brett Yormark, the Big-12 Commissioner, has talked a lot about the importance of basketball to the conference.

Colorado moving from the Pac-12 to the Big-12 is only the first domino. There is a lot of talk online that the Big-12 would like to add U-Conn as a full member. the U-Conn football program is not very strong, but adding U-Conn basketball to the other Big-12 programs would make the Big-12 a very strong hoops conference.

there is also a lot of speculation about Arizona moving to the Big-12, which would add another strong hoops program.

most of the talk over realignment has focused on the football aspects. But Brett Yormark, the Big-12 Commissioner, has talked a lot about the importance of basketball to the conference.

Colorado moving from the Pac-12 to the Big-12 is only the first domino. There is a lot of talk online that the Big-12 would like to add U-Conn as a full member. the U-Conn football program is not very strong, but adding U-Conn basketball to the other Big-12 programs would make the Big-12 a very strong hoops conference.

there is also a lot of speculation about Arizona moving to the Big-12, which would add another strong hoops program.
UConn sacrificed its football program to resurrect basketball and it worked. Odd to change back now. I guess $$ trumps all.

Maybe Utah will follow Colorado. Nothing seems implausible.
Perhaps, but Utah would not be my first choice if I'm the Big 12. Much rather have Arizona or Oregon/Washington.

Perhaps, but Utah would not be my first choice if I'm the Big 12. Much rather have Arizona or Oregon/Washington.
Agreed, though some of those schools may have other suiters.

It's totally a guessing game.

In order of preference from the PAC12 I would like to add Washington, Colorado (Big 12 soon), Utah followed by Oregon, one of the Arizona's, and probably Stanford and then I don't have a preference.

the Big-12 has also talked openly about the desire to have teams in all four time zones. that means adding teams from the East, and that's what is behind a lot of the U-Conn speculation. it's either that or wait/hope for the ACC to get out of its grant of rights, which is a longer shot.

the Big-12 has also talked openly about the desire to have teams in all four time zones. that means adding teams from the East, and that's what is behind a lot of the U-Conn speculation. it's either that or wait/hope for the ACC to get out of its grant of rights, which is a longer shot.
Why stop at 4? They should go all in and make a play for Hawaii.

Top Bottom