College football teams who could cause chaos during 2022 season; Will the Golden Gophers hold the title of road-spoilers this season?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Brad:

Minnesota Golden Gophers

Games to watch: at Michigan State, at Penn State, at Nebraska, Iowa, at Wisconsin

Will the Golden Gophers hold the title of road-spoilers this season? Four of Minnesota's five toughest Big Ten games come away from Minneapolis, which has precluded most from picking P.J. Fleck's team to win the Western Division. However, this team welcomes back seven starters defensively and one of the conference's top running backs, Mohamed Ibrahim, who missed the majority of the 2021 campaign with a knee injury. If the Golden Gophers get any production out of multi-year starting quarterback Tanner Morgan through the air, this is a squad capable of unseating one of the aforementioned heavyweights on the road. The Big Ten West is one of the Power Five's most difficult divisions to handicap at this point.

Go Gophers!!

Why's Minnesota a spoiler in 2022 when the 2021 Gophers either defeated or finished 2+ games ahead of 10 of this season's 12 opponents?

Why's Minnesota a spoiler in 2022 when the 2021 Gophers either defeated or finished 2+ games ahead of 10 of this season's 12 opponents?
Because we are Minnesota. Nebraska is really really good. Losing 7 one score games and going 3-9 is better than going 9-4. Also Nebraska winning 8 games this year is somehow good for the SEC and proves how good the SEC is. Just ask the ESPN guys.

PJ does okay on the road. Everything will be fine.

Because we are Minnesota. Nebraska is really really good. Losing 7 one score games and going 3-9 is better than going 9-4. Also Nebraska winning 8 games this year is somehow good for the SEC and proves how good the SEC is. Just ask the ESPN guys.
Nebby was only 80 points away from competing for a big ten title

The "majority of the season", I'll say. Considering that he missed 23/24 of the season I would say that's a majority. The author also needs an anatomy lesson, "injured knee"?

PJ does okay on the road.

A bit better than that I'd say. 10-4 road record over the last three years. 8-2 without the pandemic year. Have to go back to the 2018 season for a losing record on the road (1-4 that year).

Because analysts automatically assume road games are likely losses. So if they win, it's going to be an upset. A lot of preseason predictions just automatically chalk up wins for the home team and losses for the away team. It's "safe" but not accurate.

The "majority of the season", I'll say. Considering that he missed 23/24 of the season I would say that's a majority. The author also needs an anatomy lesson, "injured knee"?
Beat me to it. A better read would be "practically all of the season" and that's still a measure of understatement.

Touche'.

Top Bottom