Coach on the Hot Seat

Gold Rush

Reaction score
After a loss to Kentucky, Steve Kragthorpe's career record stands at 35-36 and there
are a lot of people at the University of Louisville who want him out of there ASAP. Kragthorpe took a team that had just been to the Orange Bowl and the program has done a complete 180 over the last few years.

Noteworthy to Gopher fans as there were some who were promoting him to be the Gopher coach
before Tim Brewster took over the team. In fact, Louisville hired him from Tulsa only 40 hours after their coach left, presumably to lock him up before someone else snapped him up.

I bet they wish right now they hadn't rushed into it and taken some time for a more in depth search. In retrospect, Ron English probably would have been a better choice. He was their defensive coordinator but left to get the job as the head coach at Eastern Michigan.

I will admit to being one who had Kragthorpe in my top-3 coaches of choice when Mason left.

In fairness, I think Petrino left him a huge mess. Many of the players were academic or character risks and there was zero discipline. Still, enough time has passed that one can no longer blame Petrino (who is a huge a**hole) for Kragthorpe's futility at U of L.

Top Bottom