Classic KFAN

Reaction score
Craig Bohl, Scott Linehan what a bunch of iddiots. When is PA going to start talking david gibbs again. Talk about a couple of people who shouldn't and don't want to talk college football.

Did they really mention Craig Bohl and Scott Linehan? Wow...

KFAN fails miserably when they talk about college sports.

Im sure Linehan was mostly a joke. They're just slinging names around like monkeys slinging feces.

Ugh. None of those guys is going to be considered and neither is f'n Mark Trestman. The reason the kfan people mention them is because they have no idea who is out there. The common theme among all the coaches they've mentioned is they have some tie to Minnesota or the surrounding area.

Now they're slinging on George O'Leary.

Perhaps they don't talk much college football because noone is interested in hearing about it. Are they suppose to create the interested? If there was something worth talking about, they would. If they spoke the truth, all the Gopher apologists would then rip them for being so negative. Stick to WCCO and Sid for the cheerleading that you are looking for.

Perhaps they don't talk much college football because noone is interested in hearing about it. Are they suppose to create the interested? If there was something worth talking about, they would. If they spoke the truth, all the Gopher apologists would then rip them for being so negative. Stick to WCCO and Sid for the cheerleading that you are looking for.

Fail.

They don't have to talk Gopher football and if they want, they can be extremely negative. I just wouldn't mind some informed negativity. There are many posters on here who I disagree with all the time, however (most) of them have reasoning for their opinions and it is somewhat of an informed discussion. That's fine, that's why people like these forums and sports talk radio. That's actually why I like Common Man, he admits to being who he is. He would openly admit that he doesn't know who should be the next coach. I have always thought his schtick was more aimed at mocking other sports radio personalities than anything.

So yeah, informed negativity = good. Ignorant negativity = KFAN.

They don't have to talk Gopher football and if they want, they can be extremely negative. I just wouldn't mind some informed negativity. There are many posters on here who I disagree with all the time, however (most) of them have reasoning for their opinions and it is somewhat of an informed discussion. That's fine, that's why people like these forums and sports talk radio. That's actually why I like Common Man, he admits to being who he is. He would openly admit that he doesn't know who should be the next coach. I have always thought his schtick was more aimed at mocking other sports radio personalities than anything.

+1. We're fine with negativity, we just want sports media that actually knows things and pays attention. I stopped listening when there was one too many times that they ridiculed a caller for wanting to talk about the Gophers. You cannot judge interest in the Gophers by how much KFAN wants to talk about the Gophers. KFAN is not a mirror.

There is a lot more interest in the Gophers than smack talkers and Chicken Littles want to admit. Is it a mistake that 37 radio stations across the state carry Gophers football, while only 25 carry basketball, and another 25 carry hockey?

I expect the local media to be experts in the local team. The national media should never know more than local media.

Well said...the negativity from KFAN doesn't necessarily bother me as much as the lack of knowledge about the team does.

Top Bottom