Claeys resigns from WSU

CWCWCW

I like Claeys and Sawvel. Both are now out of football. Limey was feeling some heat at PSU.
Country Jer is ready to reunite the band.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

#2Gopher

I like Claeys and Sawvel. Both are now out of football. Limey was feeling some heat at PSU.
Country Jer is ready to reunite the band.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Well life seems to work in circles. You never know.

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Jerry needs to find a mic and let everyone know that he won’t step foot in Pullman now, and finish up with some commentary on Leach’s family.

RememberMurray

I was told that Claeys was fired here because of the scandal, and because he made the administration look bad when he backed the player revolt against the EOAA.

Now it sounds like some people are saying Claeys is actually a terrible coach.

Hmmmm... which is it? And how the heck did such a poor coach win 9 games in a season at Minnesota, where 9-win seasons are pretty rare?

Last edited:

Vandy

I don't understand why anyone knocks this guy. He can run a defense.

The Utah loss should be hung on Leach's offense, which was on and off the field in seconds after almost every brief 3 and out series, leaving Claeys defense exhausted.

I'd take him here in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

die hard gopher

I was told that Claeys was fired here because of the scandal, and because he made the administration look bad when he backed the player revolt against the EOAA.

Now it sounds like some people are saying Claeys is actually a terrible coach.

Hmmmm... which is it? And how the heck did such a poor coach win 9 games in a season at Minnesota, where 9-win seasons are pretty rare?
Pretty sure it came out that Coyle was planning on firing Claeys all along since day 1 but when they beat Northwestern for their 8th win, they decided they couldn't fire him. But then the whole scandal gave them an excuse.

DarrenTheGreek

Gov. Victory Bell Ringer
Too bad. I like Clayes and think he is a good DC. I hope he gets another shot. Wish him nothing but the best.

Dean S

Huh?

Tweets

<twitter-widget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="1180324935668883457"></twitter-widget> <script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Responsibility? Quitting is responsible? <iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.e3a0e1b01ae601b6c9cf798a93ab7e69.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.forums.gopherhole.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe>

UpAndUnder43

Too bad. I like Clayes and think he is a good DC. I hope he gets another shot. Wish him nothing but the best.
Yeah...I’m basically over rooting against former coaches (besides Brewster) and don’t get why people dislike Claeys.

I hope he takes the remainder of the year off, gets healthy (his weight is concerning) and finds a great spot.

oak_street1981

Very strange story indeed..... one big meltdown vs. UCLA does not fit, something else is going on

Anything is very hard when you are over 50 years old and 150- 200 plus pounds overweight. I was hoping TC would have bypass surgery when he was on the coaching shelf and come back might smaller like Limegrover did.

Who knows what actually happened, but it is all sad. TC did not know how to handle the mess back in 2016, and it was all PR, and naive thinking, but he was not ready for that. None of that made him a bad guy and he took the fall.

Last edited:

Latest profile posts