Chris Williamson: "I’m going to miss Coach Fleck, too, the relationship he and I have."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

Williamson’s bond
Gophers defensive back Chris Williamson has a few games left in his redshirt senior season, and he talked about how his decision to transfer from Florida to Minnesota changed his life.

“I’m going to miss the relationship that I have built with these guys,” Williamson said. “I am a transfer, so these guys welcomed me with open arms. It was something different. Just coming to Minnesota, somewhere I had never really been before. ... It is definitely going to be something that I miss. I’m going to miss Coach Fleck, too, the relationship he and I have.”

Williamson has done a little bit of everything for the Gophers this season — he has 45 tackles, 2½ sacks and an interception return for a touchdown. He said his energy on the field has matched well with Fleck.

“We have always seemed to pretty much get along,” Williamson said. “We’re always messing with each other, whether it’s before practice or after practice. He is just a fun guy to be around. I mean he gives me a lot of energy. I feed off of him. We kind of feed off each other, and that has molded our relationship.”

Go Gophers!!

we had previously gotten transfers from big schools like the kids from tennessee and ohio st and neither panned out. great to see a few of these big school transfers contribute.

Top Bottom