Chris Petersen

Replacement Gopher

Reaction score
Back up the Brinks truck for that guy, he will make it worth your while. Within three years we would be adding on to TCF Bank Stadium.

Why?

hire the coach from James Madison, they won over VTU in Blacksburg 21-16, larger margin at thrue away game must mean JM is better than BSU.

No way he'd come here. Ruin his career. Has a great gig and will get a top 10 job in next year if he wants it.

yeah coming here for a coaching job is like starting a garden in siberia during the winter

just watch Tressell retire soon.
Petersen will be in scarlet and gray shortly after...

...but probably not in a sweater vest.

Seriously, how much can Boise be paying that guy?

We're one of the biggest universities in the country. We invested in a new stadium. Time to throw in a few relatively few dollars and double or triple that dude's salary. He'd make it up in parking and concession revenue alone.

just watch Tressell retire soon.
Petersen will be in scarlet and gray shortly after...

...but probably not in a sweater vest.

Tressel will coach another 5 years and the first guy they will go after is Pelini. Whether they get him or not is TBD.

We're one of the biggest universities in the country. We invested in a new stadium. Time to throw in a few relatively few dollars and double or triple that dude's salary. He'd make it up in parking and concession revenue alone.

It isn't about money for him, his family is comfortable there. If he turned down Oregon who can outpay Minnesota and where he has ties then I don't see him coming here.

He'll be getting better calls. We don't have blue turf and play in BCS Bowls. He makes 1.6 million.

I think he'll continue to hide at Boise to be honest. He can make good money there, pull good recruits and rarely get challenged.

Pay him $4 mil a year for ten years. The dude has a price. The dude wins. Oh, and wons mean money for the school. We've invested in a stadium, time to stop letting the 16 year-old learn how to drive in the Rolls. Let's spend 3% more on a good, qualified, proven coach.

Pay him $4 mil a year for ten years. The dude has a price. The dude wins. Oh, and wons mean money for the school. We've invested in a stadium, time to stop letting the 16 year-old learn how to drive in the Rolls. Let's spend 3% more on a good, qualified, proven coach.
Reminder this is what Colorado thought they were doing when they hired Dan Hawkins

Wouldn't $4MM/year be a 300% increase in coaching expenses? Pretty sure Brew is pulling in about $1MM this year, but I could be wrong.

We clearly will need to open the coffers to get a higher-quality coach in here. I think $4MM/year is a pipe dream, though, unless we plan on cutting some non-revenue sports.

Yes, he would be the comparison, but he wasn't as proven as this guy, and either way, at least it made sense. Moreso than the Broncos TE coach. At worst, we lose, what, an extra $1-2$ mil in salary per year? So what. We just built a $250 mil stadium.

I say he just hire a completely new set of coaches every year, until we find the answer some random year. That way we can find our own Chris Peterson, Brian Kelly, ect..

Coaches

People will talk about Peterson, Gary Patterson (TCU), and Mike Leach. I personally don't want to see us try and get a Spread-offense coach again. Some people love it, I just don't care for it.

We've seen what budget coaching talent does, for years upon years upon years. you need to break the bank to get good coaching, see smith, tubby who has singlehandedly turned around the basketball program from worst to (going to be) first even with all kinds of drama in less time than its taken brew to run the team into the ground.

Many people down on the other end of the Mississippi would like to see Les Miles looking for a new job. Just saying.

Nobody wants to coach a Big Ten team with a new stadium? Beyond ridiculous. The current coaches at Nebraska, Louisville, and USC all interviewed here the first time around. We just hired the worst of the lot.

I don't believe we are a coaching wasteland. I believe we can get quality coach's. I'm concerned whether we can pay them to stay here long enough to develop a program. C.R.E.A.M. is the philosophy that will gather coaching talent and retain it. We have shown over the last two coaching staffs that we are willing to allow a coach to put things in place to get to 4 years and beyond. The real issue that I've been struggling with the last year is how to develop consistency. Allow these freshman that have been looking lost to be in the same system for 4-5 years. If we keep playing hot potatoe with turn over, we'll continue to be reset on the 4yrs to build a program path.

Top Bottom