Chris Monter Q&A: Osseo TE Will Johnson Trying To Narrow List

Surprises me that he didn't hit more camps this summer...

It sounds as if he will be taking his time in making a decision nor was there any discussion about academics or a major. Other than saying he has lots of choices there was no hint what was most important to him.

Bayfield

It sounds as if he will be taking his time in making a decision nor was there any discussion about academics or a major. Other than saying he has lots of choices there was no hint what was most important to him.

I had the same reaction. It may be that he is just being tight liped. If that isn't the case he is going to need help from somebody on how he should make his decision.

GH: You had thought about making your decision in July and maybe playing AAU basketball, but that did not happen. Have you thought when you might make your choice?

WJ: I was thinking about getting back into basketball in July, but I couldn’t make a decision in time for that. I would love to make one before the season starts, but the way that recruiting has been going and there is a lot of stuff still going on with more schools, I might push it back; I might not. I just have to see how I feel. When I know what I want to do, I am just going to do it. I just want to know 100%, so I don’t have to de-commit to anybody, because I want to be committed to someone who commits to me the same way.

To me it just sounds like he wants to be 100% sure...just the way Kill likes it!

Feels like Pirsigs recruitment, hopefully with the same outcome. He would look good lining up next to Jonah.

Are we in his final four?

WJ: I like Iowa, Minnesota, Auburn and Ole Miss. I am still open to whatever happens. It is hard to say. I don’t have a close five, but I like those four schools right now for who is recruiting me.

GH: Do you what schools you definitely want to take official visits to?

WJ: I could see myself taking one to Ole Miss for sure. I like Minnesota a lot. Iowa. Auburn. I am still open to more schools and new schools.

Or you could click the link and read the article.

I sent a message to a friend the other day that knows him and told the friend it's time to get him to commit. I got the impression he wants an offer from another school that hasn't currently offered him. I won't list the school just because I don't want the word out there as to what school. But other wise it sounds like he likes Minnesota.

Top Bottom