Chip: The opinion remains unchanged: The Gophers should contend in the West Division if they clean up things defensively and Ibrahim is not sidelined.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Chip:

Opening the season against an opponent of that caliber is the ultimate measuring stick. The Gophers learned that they cannot match Ohio State's speed, but what does that mean for the rest of the season?

The opinion remains unchanged: The Gophers should contend in the West Division if they clean up things defensively and Ibrahim is not sidelined for an extended period.

Go Gophers!!

Word in my section was he tore his achy ligament and is out for the year

Those are two mighty big Ifs there, Chip. Mo isn’t coming back from that injury this season, but that still seems more likely than this defense suddenly morphing into a serviceable unit. Winfield and Coughlin aren’t walking through that door.

Those are two mighty big Ifs there, Chip. Mo isn’t coming back from that injury this season, but that still seems more likely than this defense suddenly morphing into a serviceable unit. Winfield and Coughlin aren’t walking through that door.
I don’t know why, but I’m surprised some of the defensive issues haven’t been fixed.

I’m hoping for the best for Ibrahim, but he is likely out for the season. As for the defense, I think we will get a clearer picture of how good/bad they are over the next couple games. Ohio State tends to make almost every defense look bad. That being said, the amount of confusion and miscommunication by the LBs and the secondary in the 2nd half was concerning. If that continues to be an issue against Miami OH and Colorado, then it could be a long season.

Top Bottom