Chicago Sun-Times article says UK recruit paid $200K

(Last Names)

Why would you go out of the way to put parentheses around last names? One of the *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ier moves I've ever seen.

Edit: Wow who knew you couldn't say D__che Bag?

The only surprising thing about this story is that Calipari's dirty program is getting exposed this early. We'll see what happens, but it would be delicious schadenfreude for me if UK got huge NCAA penalties for the Calipari years without even getting a title.

The only surprising thing about this story is that Calipari's dirty program is getting exposed this early. We'll see what happens, but it would be delicious schadenfreude for me if UK got huge NCAA penalties for the Calipari years without even getting a title.

UK did get 3 NCAA titles (48, 49, 51) with players who were part of the reason for NCAA Death Penalty in 1953.

And UK did get NCAA title (78) with some of the players who were part of the reason for NCAA probation and sanctions in 1976.

No such luck with players who were the reason for the 1989 NCAA probation and sanctions on UK.

I doubt UK gets either NCAA probation or sanctions in the Calipari era because the AD is honest and the compliance director is fully empowered to require adherence to NCAA rules. We'll see.

In case anyone missed it or it was never posted, Saul Smith's thoughts on UK today (Well, in March of 2009) ...

http://ukbasketball.bloginky.com/2009/05/28/saul-smith-cautions-uk-about-sacrificing-integrity/

“Bad bad day for my alma mater,” Smith wrote on Thursday. “The UK athletic program will never regain its true champion nature with Businessmen running it. Never, no matter how many so called blue chip players you bring in. You can’t sacrifice your integrity for success. You just can’t do it. I’m an alum and I deserve a clean-ran program, plain and simple. Period, and if anyone disagrees, you, my friend, shouldn’t support the program I played 4.”

And he doesn't seem to think Coach Cal is the problem ...

Later in a follow-up interview, Smith said he did not mean to suggest new UK Coach John Calipari used questionable methods.

“Coach Cal is my guy,” Smith said. “I’m close to him.”

Wow, the Sun-Times is sticking by its sources, saying:

"Sources from three separate universities told the Sun-Times that Davis Sr. asked for money in return for his son's commitment, with the amounts ranging from $125,000 to $150,000."

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/preps/2571594,CST-SPT-cruit06.article

Go Gophers!!

Note that the source doesn't say that the Univ of Kentucky paid, it says that someone that wanted him to commit to UK paid. That's the part that no one can really say for certain, if a booster supplies the money, how can UK control the rumor?

Note that the source doesn't say that the Univ of Kentucky paid, it says that someone that wanted him to commit to UK paid. That's the part that no one can really say for certain, if a booster supplies the money, how can UK control the rumor?

isn't World Wide Wes friendly with many UK folks?

The people on PTI also talked about there being reports that someone who wanted him to go to UK was going to pay. They both said the situation smelled fishy but that was about it.

Top Bottom