Charley Walters Interviews Sean Henderson

Iceland12

Reaction score
Not really. Todays Pioneer Press has a Bob Sansevere interview with Sean Henderson about Seantrel's recruiting. While not as well written or informative as Gopher Lady's, of course:), it's a good read. Sean deals with some of the rumors that have popped-up here from time-to-time.

Sean's handling of the media, at Seantrel's request, is fine with me. My only complaint is that, from time to time, Sean has been a little verbose.:cool:

The website is www.twincities.com. I read the story in the actual paper. Remember those?

(Thanks GoldenRose, for correcting the mistake. It was probably Freudian. I'm not exactly a big fan of Mr Bob :) )

Todays Pioneer Press has a Charley Walters interview with Sean Henderson about Seantrel's recruiting. While not as well written or informative as Gopher Lady's, of course:), it's a good read. Sean deals with some of the rumors that have popped-up here from time-to-time.

Sean's handling of the media, at Seantrel's request, is fine with me. My only complaint is that, from time to time, Sean has been a little verbose.:cool:

The website is www.twincities.com. I read the story in the actual paper. Remember those?

Iceland12, did you mean Bob Sansevere? Here is the link: http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_14313908

Most of this is nothing new, but there are a couple of intriguing items (i.e. they were at the U until 11pm Sunday, the Snoop Dog angle at USC??)

Yeah, and notice how he didn't actually answer the question of if the Gophers were in the running? Boo.

I'm glad he asked this question - it was on my to-do list, but never got to it (plus I was a little scared to ask this one)

BS: There's a rumor out there that Snoop Dogg has told you that if Seantrel goes to Southern Cal, he would help you launch your rap career. Any truth to that?

SH: Emphatically, no. I've never met Snoop. I've never ever, ever comprised anything so that what I'm doing with my life has anything to do with Seantrel. I've never initiated a conversation about music into Seantrel's career at all. My career and music, and Seantrel's career never have been discussed. Three schools said, "You rap." They brought it up at the University of Florida. It came up this weekend at the University of Miami. They said they heard, "Blah, blah, blah." My mother saw it on the Ohio State Buckeyes' (Web) site. I don't know where it's coming from. I never talked to Snoop ever in my life. Nobody talked music and my situation. I've heard people say, "Oh, there are great studios here." I told Seantrel how uncomfortable that makes me. I'm not interested in combining my music with Seantrel's career. He has a tough decision. I'm just doing whatever a dad would do. I think people — because they're so concerned with (his decision) and there's so much emotion in where Seantrel is going — they want to find different variables of why he'd go here, or why he'd go there. In case he doesn't pick their school, they can say, "Oh, it's his dad." Or, "It's his mom and dad." It's his decision 100,000 percent. We don't want to cloud his decision-making process.

Just in case this hasn't been posted on another thread - there's a nice piece here on the other top MN football players, including Jimmy Gjere - who we are so lucky to be getting!

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_14314045

This is the most disturbing part of the interview:

BS: So, will you be moving with Seantrel if he leaves Minnesota?

SH: Definitely, 100 percent, if he chooses to do that (and attend a school other than Minnesota).

In real life, who does this? Who would ever want their father following them off to college?

This is the most disturbing part of the interview:

In real life, who does this? Who would ever want their father following them off to college?

It might be unusual, but disturbing? Really?

It might be unusual, but disturbing? Really?

I find it a little creepy as well for some reason. If he wants to leave to play football, let him go spread his wings. Following seem a little smothering to me, not that my opinion means squat.

I find it a little creepy as well for some reason. If he wants to leave to play football, let him go spread his wings. Following seem a little smothering to me, not that my opinion means squat.

On the flip side, better to have a family that cares too much - that not enough. SH has seemed to stay out of any trouble, so they must be doing something right. That can't be said with many athletes that attract that much attention and special treatment.

Top Bottom