CFP Playoff Top 25

There are literally no data point to support Iowa state being rated higher than Louisiana

And there are no data points to support Louisiana being rated higher than coastal.

Any ranking that has either coastal or Louisiana rated lower than Iowa state is just straight up dumb

wow highest rated 2 loss team isn’t a SEC team.

wow highest rated 2 loss team isn’t a SEC team.
It’s crazy that that is true AND that they are the most overrated team in the country. Should be at least two spots lower behind a team they lost to that has fewer losses and equal resume AND a team that is unbeaten that beat the first time I mentioned

It’s crazy that that is true AND that they are the most overrated team in the country. Should be at least two spots lower behind a team they lost to that has fewer losses and equal resume AND a team that is unbeaten that beat the first time I mentioned
I'm concerned for your health over ISU. You going to be ok? Louisiana does not have an equal resume.

Louisiana again is the 3rd rated G5 team so their ranking is irrelevant. Moving them up only boosts ISU's resume in addition to leading the B12.

I'm concerned for your health over ISU. You going to be ok? Louisiana does not have an equal resume.

Louisiana again is the 3rd rated G5 team so their ranking is irrelevant. Moving them up only boosts ISU's resume in addition to leading the B12.
Explain how Iowa state has a better resume?

Fewer losses? Advantage LA
Quality wins? Tie
Wins over winning record teams? Tie
Head to head? Advantage LA
SOS? I haven’t seen a SOS with a significant difference other than SOS metrics based on efficiency like sagarin...SOS based on efficiency are not reliable with such a small sample size (particularity small sample size in inter-conference games)
The record of the opponents are within a couple of games of each other

Explain how Iowa state has a better resume?

Fewer losses? Advantage LA
Quality wins? Tie
Wins over winning record teams? Tie
Head to head? Advantage LA
SOS? I haven’t seen a SOS with a significant difference other than SOS metrics based on efficiency like sagarin...SOS based on efficiency are not reliable with such a small sample size (particularity small sample size in inter-conference games)
The record of the opponents are within a couple of games of each other
EYE TEST. Fewer losses to a weaker schedule
EYE TEST. Wins against Ranked opponents
EYE TEST. Head to Head was week one when teams knew nothing about each other. (Louisiana would not be 9-1 in the B12 is the eye test)
EYE TEST. SOS is a large gap. ESPN Power index has ISU 12 and Louisiana 36. Another has it 20 ISU vs 72 for Louisiana.

Where would you rank ISU and Louisiana. Based on history, head-to-head early in the year usually doesn't factor as much late in the year unless the teams have the exact same resume. These two teams do not have that.

EYE TEST. Fewer losses to a weaker schedule
EYE TEST. Wins against Ranked opponents
EYE TEST. Head to Head was week one when teams knew nothing about each other. (Louisiana would not be 9-1 in the B12 is the eye test)
EYE TEST. SOS is a large gap. ESPN Power index has ISU 12 and Louisiana 36. Another has it 20 ISU vs 72 for Louisiana.

Where would you rank ISU and Louisiana. Based on history, head-to-head early in the year usually doesn't factor as much late in the year unless the teams have the exact same resume. These two teams do not have that.
Schedule is not weaker. Nearly identical if you have a record based SOS rather than an efficiency based SOS. Sample size not large enough for an efficiency based SOS be reliable.
ESPN FPI has Wisconsin rated 4th because they were efficient....they’re 2-2...Wisconsin is a perfect example of efficiency ratings not having enough data to be reliable this year.
if we are going to use FPI for SOS why bot use it for rankings and have Texas ahead of Iowa state? You want to use FPI to prove Iowa state has played tougher teams but not use it as proof that Iowa state (12th) is overrated?

SOS and eye test are the only two measures. SOS is nearly equal and eye test only works if you conveniently ignore one specific game.

Top Bottom