CFB Talk Daily: Is Tanner Morgan the most slept on returning QB?

Here's a clip from the wisconsin game. The line held up well, but he created some magic on his own. Check out 1:06 and 1:42. Two very nice throws - one into traffic, the other a dime.

Last edited:

When Tanner is comfortable and confident he is accurate and makes smart decisions. However, he needs a OC to make correct reads/plays and WR to run accurate routes. He has always struggled with focusing in on one WR when he is not comfortable and he depends upon timing with the WR. I don't think Stafford had what it took to put Morgan in position to be successful. I believe we will see a return to the Morgan we fell in love with in 2019. Last year we saw flashes that he still had it in him, but to often he was not put into positions where he felt confident and comfortable.

When Tanner is comfortable and confident he is accurate and makes smart decisions. However, he needs a OC to make correct reads/plays and WR to run accurate routes. He has always struggled with focusing in on one WR when he is not comfortable and he depends upon timing with the WR. I don't think Stafford had what it took to put Morgan in position to be successful. I believe we will see a return to the Morgan we fell in love with in 2019. Last year we saw flashes that he still had it in him, but to often he was not put into positions where he felt confident and comfortable.
When i watch college football, it seems like most QBs or should i say very very few go to their 2nd read. Even top 10 team QBs.

I think play calling by the OC is crucial, a lot say the right thing “ill play call to my players strenghts” but it seems few do it

He's cousins with Tim Couch. Being slept on is in Tanner's blood.

scheme by far the most important, coupled with presnap reads/interpretation and your athletes winning. the vast majority of QBs are not regularly going to get you to 2nd and 3rd reads. It's about knowing where to look first and your guy winning his matchup. There's a reason the dudes that even really good college QBs don't translate to the next level, and most of the time it's not arm talent, it's the cerebral aspect

At this point in his career his experience is his strongest quality. Much has been said about his playing traits on the above comments. You will not see another QB get so much opportunity in the future. Physically he is around 6" and runs around a 5 second forty. His performance will depend on his surrounding players.

At this point in his career his experience is his strongest quality. Much has been said about his playing traits on the above comments. You will not see another QB get so much opportunity in the future. Physically he is around 6" and runs around a 5 second forty. His performance will depend on his surrounding players.
He's a gazelle!

Spinal Tap...

I think that the problem may have been that there was a Quarterback on the field that was in danger of being crushed by a dwarf.
Ha! For somone five inches tall, a 5 second forty is otherworldly class speed...

I highly doubt Tanner sleeps around. He seems like a fine Christian young man. Is he married yet?
Not much time before practice begins in the village. How will married life effect his play?

I highly doubt Tanner sleeps around. He seems like a fine Christian young man. Is he married yet?
Not much time before practice begins in the village. How will married life effect his play?
I doubt being married will have a bigger effect than the death of his father.

Just my humble opinion here. Adding to your comments, he had a very challenging year in general. His father passed, and marriage are some very big life events. Now that he's had some time to grieve and reflect, I think that he will be able to focus more on being the QB he has shown that he can be.

Just my humble opinion here. Adding to your comments, he had a very challenging year in general. His father passed, and marriage are some very big life events. Now that he's had some time to grieve and reflect, I think that he will be able to focus more on being the QB he has shown that he can be.
It sounds like you are speaking of a middle aged man, marriage, death, loss of his dog. Time for the young bucks, its college.

Here's a clip from the wisconsin game. The line held up well, but he created some magic on his own. Check out 1:06 and 1:42. Two very nice throws - one into traffic, the other a dime.
Jackson! BSF! CAB! Dylan Wright! All back!

Use Potts in rcvng game like they used Irving.

Top Bottom