CBS: United States of College Basketball: Predicting the best team in each state for 2022-23 (Minnesota: Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:
With the season less than a week away, one of the final pieces of our preseason package is among the prettiest — and most hotly debated. As we always do right around this time of year, it's time to give you a map of college basketball's landscape.

The 2022-23 version represents my forecast for which team will be the best in its state over the next five months. Some states (Wyoming, Vermont, Maine, Hawaii) lack for drama, as they have no competition and get the same logo every year. Others (California, Texas, New York) are loaded with Division I programs and a privy to a map makeover every autumn.

Since Alaska does not have a Division I team, the best team in 49 states and the District of Columbia gives us 50 teams highlighted in these United States of College Basketball. (You may have to squint for Delaware, Rhode Island and D.C.) Below, you'll find a pithy summary on the state of each state and why the teams that won out were chosen.

1667399951957.png

Go Gophers!!

At some point we may have to up our level of play to claim that distinction. Should never not be true with the Gopher resource advantage.

Top Bottom