CBS Sports picks Gophs to win West

swingman

Reaction score
12. Minnesota will win the Big Ten West: The Golden Gophers nearly won the division in 2021 despite significant injury issues. It just flew below the radar because many wrote off P.J. Fleck's team following their loss to Bowling Green. Minnesota's ability to figure out difference ways to win suggests the program does have a strong foundation, and one of the keys to establishing that foundation is back with Kirk Ciarrocca returning as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach. Ciarrocca was Minnesota's OC for three seasons, last in 2019 when the Golden Gophers went 11-2, and I think his return sparks a breakthrough Big Ten Championship Game appearance.

Given this is probably the final season of divisions in the conference no better time than now to go win it.

Not sure what the big deal is? Sheeeesh…we’ve won like 7 National Championships or something…why wouldn’t we win the West?

this seems to be one of the few 'national' sites that is focusing more on what the Gophers have returning, as opposed to focusing on the graduation and NFL losses from last season.

damn - actual optimism. Is this even allowed under Minnesota rules?

I’ve always said Chip Patterson is athletically, socially, emotionally, spiritually ELITE!

this seems to be one of the few 'national' sites that is focusing more on what the Gophers have returning, as opposed to focusing on the graduation and NFL losses from last season.

damn - actual optimism. Is this even allowed under Minnesota rules?
I can't find the exact statute but I think Minnesota rules allow you to be optimistic provided you spend an equal or preferably greater time analyzing and dwelling on all the things that can go wrong. :)

Governor Arne Carlson had an Executive Order that directed all Minnesotans to be optimistic for Jim Wacker's Gophers...

Alas EOs only last as long as the Governor themselves.

Anywho, every GHer should know Arne is a huge booster of all things University of Minnesota...

1654260815564.png

Last edited:

I've always found CBS Sports to the be the most professional, unbiased, non-dinkish of all sporting publications. You?
Ha! Seriously though, I've been watching CBS Sports HQ streamed through Roku for a while now and its 1000% better than Sports Center. SC has become unwatchable imo!

Top Bottom