CBS: Is QB Braxton Miller loyal or misguided for staying at Ohio State?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Dodd:

He is either unbelievably loyal or unbelievably … what is the word here? Misguided? Perhaps a bit of both.

'Loyal' because Miller wouldn't be doing this if he didn't trust his coaches and love his teammates. It also doesn't suck to be coming back to a defending national champion.

'Misguided' because isn't it all about getting to the league? If Miller doesn't play quarterback for two seasons -- he missed all of 2014 -- that makes it doubly hard getting to the NFL.

Questions remain about his health. Following surgery last year for a severe shoulder injury, Miller reportedly won't be 100 percent until late June, early July.

With the emergence of Barrett and Jones, Miller might be the third-best quarterback on the roster.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...-loyal-or-misguided-for-staying-at-ohio-state

Go Gophers!!

I'm not sure a healthy Braxton Miller was a surefire NFL QB. Might be time for him to try tight end or wide receiver. We'll see.

And a degree from Ohio St. isn't anything to shrug at. It's likely better than one good year at UCF.

I'm not sure a healthy Braxton Miller was a surefire NFL QB. Might be time for him to try tight end or wide receiver. We'll see.

And a degree from Ohio St. isn't anything to shrug at. It's likely better than one good year at UCF.

There aren't very many 6-2, 215 pound NFL TE's....

He was a borderline NFL QB prospect at best. Seems his best move regarding the NFL would be to play WR or a slash type of role at OSU

Maybe his shoulder is bad enough he knows this is likely his last year of football anyways.

There aren't very many 6-2, 215 pound NFL TE's....

Yep, could see Miller getting some run as a WR or maybe even a RB. Have to think he got some assurances of playing time in some capacity from Meyer in order to not use the graduate transfer rule to go somewhere else. That is quite the problem they have there with 3 QB's that could probably all start for pretty much any team in the country. Must be rough.

He was a borderline NFL QB prospect at best. Seems his best move regarding the NFL would be to play WR or a slash type of role at OSU

I see him as a RB. Big enough and it would utilize his best talents. Not an every down back, but I think he could find a role there.

Top Bottom