CBS Bowl Projections as of 11/17: Gophers vs Ole Miss in Gator Bowl

Big blondes with fake puppy dogs. Get yourself one of them mega church preacher's wife types.

Now there is a stereotype if you have ever seen one. Kelly, you have been watching way
too many reruns of Dallas or you live in an MSNBC reality warp. Funny.

I think there will be 2 B1G BCS teams. If Wisconsin beats Penn St., they probably will be ranked high enough for a bid. With Oregon losing to Arizona (yeah Cats!!!), Wisconsin might get picked as the replacement for FSU in the Orange Bowl (if it is FSU & Bama in the BCS championship).

That would leave:

Gophers
MSU
Michigan
Iowa
Nebraska

MSU would get the Cap One Bowl.

Outback & BWW would probably take the winner and loser of Iowa/Nebraska, respectively.

That would mean the Gator would have a choice between a disappointed Michigan fanbase, and an energized Minnesota fanbase. Who knows what might happen.

That would mean the Gator would have a choice between a disappointed Michigan fanbase, and an energized Minnesota fanbase. Who knows what might happen.

Yup...exactly what I was thinking when I looked at things this morning. Unfortunately, I got the sinking feeling that I get EVERY year around bowl selection time. Regardless of overall record, conference record, head to head match up, ranking -- pretty much any metric you use -- Minnesota will get screwed on bowl order every year.

Again this week, the SB nation bowl projections have the Gator Bowl picking ahead of the BWW Bowl, with the Gator Bowl pitting the Gophers against Ole Miss and the BWW taking Iowa and Texas. I'm honestly not sure if this is a typo or if something changed, because I feel I've been seeing most of the last few weeks that the B-Dubs picks above the Gator, but this week and last week SB nation has said otherwise.

As cool as it would be to see the Gophers play on new year's day against an SEC team, a potential Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl matchup with Oklahoma or Texas would be sweet too.

I just don't want to get matched up with Texas Tech again! No offense to Tech, I just want to see a new opponent.

Top Bottom