CBS: 2023 College Football Hot Seat Rankings: Evaluating the job security of all 133 FBS coaches (1: Safe and Secure - PJ Fleck, Minnesota)

Tucker goes from untouchable to pressure is mounting.

Is that bad?
Last year was worse than anyone could have imagined for MSU, especially considering the postgame embarrassment against Michigan. That paired with making a ton of money has all of a sudden put a target on Mel's back.

I have to imagine the only thing that gets him fired in a year is a major scandal. Though maybe for Deion that's not too far-fetched.
I would say the same about most first year coaches but they have Fickell at a 1 and other first year coaches as high as a 3.

I would think Sanders has a shorter leash than a guy like Fickell.

Tucker goes from untouchable to pressure is mounting.

Is that bad?
MSU gave Tucker a crazy high contract. If he isn't producing top of the conference results they aren't going to have much patience given what they are paying him.

Deion being in the untouchable category is a bit premature.
That’s talking about for 2023-January 24

Barring off field scandal there is a 0% chance he is fired before the end of January. I think that is what they mean by untouchable.
There should be more coaches that are untouchable on a list like this

They put our boy Kenni at a 3 to start. I largely agree with the list though. A few of the rankings aren’t rational, but neither are CFB fanbases so it makes sense.

Flecks rating puts him ahead of some pretty big coaches at big schools. No reason this coach carousel won’t be as crazy as all the others.

Last year was worse than anyone could have imagined for MSU, especially considering the postgame embarrassment against Michigan. That paired with making a ton of money has all of a sudden put a target on Mel's back.
MSU is still reeling from the half-billion-dollar Larry Nasser scandal.

What did MSU do? They signed Mel Tucker to a guaranteed $95 million ten-year contract. Ouch!

That’s talking about for 2023-January 24

Barring off field scandal there is a 0% chance he is fired before the end of January. I think that is what they mean by untouchable.
There should be more coaches that are untouchable on a list like this
That's what I didn't get. If Sanders is untouchable, certainly guys like Fickell are too.

That's what I didn't get. If Sanders is untouchable, certainly guys like Fickell are too.
Devil's advocate would say Deion is going to what has been one of the worst P5 programs in recent years, where Fickell is walking into what has typically been a stable and successful program. If Deion goes 4-8 this year he will be considered a major success. If Fickell goes 4-8, he certainly won't get fired, but he will catch some heat. Fickell is going to be expected to compete much sooner than Deion.

What did MSU do? They signed Mel Tucker to a guaranteed $95 million ten-year contract. Ouch!
Speaking of Nasser, this brought a smile to my face the other day.

Dennis Dodd definitely doesn't sit around the same fans I do at the Bank
They're probably one of the fans that was once complaining that MarQueis Gray was on the kickoff team. Even though the #5 on the kickoff team was nowhere near 6'4".

Fleck should be considered untouchable unless he has a Fitzgerald Lake scandal

The MSU endowment went from $2B to $4.3B in 9 years. That includes the Nasser payouts. I think they’ll be OK.

Every coach is one ugly scandal away from becoming very touchable.

I don't know how Kirk Ferentz survived the Hawkeye Scandal.

Cuz the Iowa student newspaper knows how to mind it's own business? ;)
This is a nothing burger in Oklahoma under Barry Switzer. All of his players are model citizens. The police must be part of the football program, ensuring everything is hunky-dory.
😇 😉

Top Bottom