Cause for Concern?: Tubby, recruiting efforts, program direction, etc.

The latter. Dumb because your post is inaccurate, as others have agreed (above).

Absolutely Royce White is utterly accountable for his actions.

IMO, Bruce Pearl is the biggest thug in college basketball. I mean, misdemeanor drug and gun charges for the man? It is shocking he is still a college basketball coach. I thought the NCAA expected better.

(Sarcasm)

This thread may have expressed a valid concern initially, but it's quickly turned worthless. Geeze. And who cares how much Tubby makes? Really? I know the AD has to break even and there is a limit, but the basketball program still takes in far more then it pay out. Would you really be happier with Tubby if he made $1.5 million? Does Brewster get a free pass because he makes so little? Salary is a terrible basis for evaluating a college coach.

Salary is a factor in reviewing a coach. So is experience (usually comes with salary). In the coaching market you get what you pay for usually. Or at least you should. Iowa pays Ferentz top dollar and does not expect the same results as MN who pays Brewster much less. If you get paid like Joe Mauer, the expectations are raised. It comes with the territory.

I am concerned about actual choices in life. What choices do we have now? Coach Smith is bought out to get whom? Who will want this job if he is fired? Coach Smith is our guy now and he has to fail in order to be in play. Who sees a real choice? I do not.

Here's a tidbit: Tubby's trying to get in on a Five Star Prospect from the high school of one of his former players. This kid's already got multiple offers from Big Ten schools BTW.

Here's a tidbit: Tubby's trying to get in on a Five Star Prospect from the high school of one of his former players. This kid's already got multiple offers from Big Ten schools BTW.

Chane Behanan of Bowling Green KY - Josh Carrier played for Tubby and BGHS. Behanan is originally from Cincinnati OH where Tubby has good connections, too.

Why the hush hush? Why can't you just say the kids name? Is it a big secret or something?

Desperate usually doesn't sell well

"Tubby's trying to get in on a Five Star Prospect from the high school of one of his former players."
What? Tubby just found about him? What? The former player doesn't like Tubby? "Trying to get in" Why wouldn't Tubby be first in line? versus "already got multiple offers" and now Tubby is coming in late?

I know, I know...Tubby does not make mistakes in judgment or strategy.

Same story

"Tubby's trying to get in on a Five Star Prospect (who's) already got multiple offers from Big Ten schools..."

Same story: late to evaluate, late to build relationships with recruits, late to offer.

In the case of Behanan, there are a million schools after him... relative to other schools, MN might be a little 'later' than others, but the kid has said he isn't going to commit anytime soon. (by "commit", I mean "commit again")

He wants to wait until late February... when his brother gets out of jail.

But, has also said he may wait until April. The wait for spring may be to our favor... probably not on this one, though.

Well, I hope we aren't saving a spot super late again for a player like this.

"Tubby's trying to get in on a Five Star Prospect (who's) already got multiple offers from Big Ten schools..."

Same story: late to evaluate, late to build relationships with recruits, late to offer.

He (Behanan) was committed to Cincy until 2009. Tubby has been recruiting him for a while but just failed to tell YOU about it. I've heard this for most of 2010. How come you didn't?

Far too much hand-wringing on this post, folks. Time to support coach, not prematurely and unreasonably cast dispersions. We all want a successful Gopher program. Tubby is holding up his end of the bargain.

Far too much hand-wringing on this post, folks. Time to support coach, not prematurely and unreasonably cast dispersions. We all want a successful Gopher program. Tubby is holding up his end of the bargain.

Right On MM!! When I get to be as successful a D-1 coach as Tubby, then I can criticize and condescend to him.

Top Bottom